Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett song last night

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought it sounded great, and we badly need new songs. Hopefully one of any more good songs to come.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I remember thinking that it should end along the lines of "Sets it up for Glen Murray" Yadda, yadda, yadda, at least it would create an extra verse if you could call them that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe people are moaning about it going on for too long. When any group of fans sings the same song for ages it always sounds quality, the unrelenting noise is what you want in an atmosphere and that is how you back a team for the full 90 minutes without running out of songs to sing

As for the words, it's not the best ever but it's cirtainly not the worst. If people are waiting for a piece of lyrical genius or something really funny before they join in it explains why our singing has degenerated into two songs over the last couple of years: GOSBTS and (yawn) AL-BI-ON, AL-BI-ON

Any noise is better than nothing.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Didn't go last night, but is one if my favourite songs the albion sings. Bennet has been one of the most influencial players for us this season, he diserves a song this big.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'll make sure I sing it next time I'm in Peckham :wink:

Oh, am I not the only Albion fan in Peckham? Marvellous.

Anyway, back on topic - it was sung so much in the first half that as we kicked off for the second half, a few of us upstairs had quick chat/guess at how long it would be before the chant started up again. It took a phenomenal 31 seconds before we could hear it upstairs.

It must have been sung (in total) for at least 20 minutes of the 90. I like the chant, but understand why people are calling it overkill...

Oct 6, 2010
The bottom line is, whether you like it or not, it has to be better than no singing/un-original songs.

Or almost as bad, the mess that is GOSBTS sung at 2 million miles an hour. When will we slow it down a bit??!!

For the record, I like it. Would prefer a better line than "runs down the wing for me", but fook it. It's not a poetry contest.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I thought it was amazing going on for about 8 minutes the first time it was properly aired - LOVE chants that go on for ages. I personally would not have sung it again after that (there's lots of other chants to sing as well!) but never mind - better that than no noise at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Im sorry its rubbish, ending it runs down the wing for me is lame, its the HEARTBEAT theme tume ffs, and also nicked off a song for a 3rd rate Liverpool player.

Ow my god, 'cause not heard yet, there was me thinking it's to the tune of Stevie Penny, Stevie Penny on the wing...BUT IT'S TO THE HEARTBEAT THEME-TUNE?!! omg, hang heads in shame boys. That's rubbish. Quite agree.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Thought it was quality, couldn't get it out of my head this morning it was that catchy. Personally thought we needed some new songs so all for this one, and the Ankergen one too.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How would you recognise it as the Heartbeat theme tune?
If you do, how can you call it cringeworthy when you've just accidentally admitted you watch Heartbeat?
Don't bring your poor taste in television into it. It sounded good.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As for the words, it's not the best ever but it's cirtainly not the worst. If people are waiting for a piece of lyrical genius or something really funny before they join in it explains why our singing has degenerated into two songs over the last couple of years: GOSBTS and (yawn) AL-BI-ON, AL-BI-ON

QUOTE]

Agree!!!

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I can't believe people are moaning about it going on for too long. When any group of fans sings the same song for ages it always sounds quality, the unrelenting noise is what you want in an atmosphere and that is how you back a team for the full 90 minutes without running out of songs to sing

Any noise is better than nothing.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here