Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"You never seem to comment on the critical points."
Whats to comment on ? I don't know the "critical points" as regards the current contract negotiations with AEA, so I'm not in a position to comment with any authority on what I don't know about, am I.

"You throw hissy fits because someone offers a view that you beleive might intimate some inside knowledge and this frustrates you."
"Hissy fit" :lolol: Hardly. Do you honestly think I'm sitting here clobbering my keyboard in anger and frustration because I think YOU might possibly have an inside track on all this ? If thats really your interpretation of my current state of mind, it doesn't bode very well on your "inside analysis" of AEA's feelings at the moment, cos you couldn't be further from the truth.

"But whats your views on the Chairman's actions with players and agents ?"
I think more often than not, DK is proved to be getting it right. O'Callaghan was a lunatic, Savage had delusions well above his station, Hammond decided we wern't offering him enough and so copped off (as is his right) and we still got a decent fee for him despite it being at the end of the window and him being available 6 months later on a free. DK has a strict wage structure in place that he won't break, and I think its largely thanks to that that we've not done a Luton, or a Bournemouth, or a (well, take your pick).

"Do you think that Al-Ebd negotiations might be hindered by the Chairman saying those things about the contract ?"
What "things" ? All I've seen is that he was offered a two year deal last month, then some quotes from Dean White waxing lyrical about him. Can you firstly refer me to DK's quotes about Adam el Abds contract, then I'll offer an opinion.

"How about my views that the Chairmans actions toward 'greedy' players and agents, has no impact on the clubs finances because he then goes and spend more on new 'greedy' players and agents ?"
Ultimately there is a playing budget that DK and the board set. He will not be dictated to by players and their agents, so if their demands exceed what Dk and the board consider to be their worth, then that player leaves or doesn't join. Its a good way of running things, because it helps to keep the club SOLVENT.

"Dont get sooo upset that I offer a view that might scratch the surface at how things happen within many clubs that many fans doubt know about."
There you go again. I'm not "upset" in the slightest. Offer a view by all means, but you have this silly habit of offering a view as though it were FACT, when it patently is not.

"You can come back crying 'you dont know anymore than meeeee' but probably lots do. Say something more tangible, something about the issues, you can choose to dismiss some of my comments that fall into your 'hissy category' but there is plenty more to argue about."
Quite happy to argue and debate with you or anyone else on here about any number of issues (as we have done regarding DK's stance on players and agents). But what I can't be arsed with is following the likes of you down blind alleys debating stuff that neither of us actually know anything about.

Christ, I must be bored to have done all this.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Whats to comment on ? I don't know the "critical points" as regards the current contract negotiations with AEA, so I'm not in a position to comment with any authority on what I don't know about, am I.

"You throw hissy fits because someone offers a view that you beleive might intimate some inside knowledge and this frustrates you."
"Hissy fit" :lolol: Hardly. Do you honestly think I'm sitting here clobbering my keyboard in anger and frustration because I think YOU might possibly have an inside track on all this ? If thats really your interpretation of my current state of mind, it doesn't bode very well on your "inside analysis" of AEA's feelings at the moment, cos you couldn't be further from the truth.

I think more often than not, DK is proved to be getting it right. O'Callaghan was a lunatic, Savage had delusions well above his station, Hammond decided we wern't offering him enough and so copped off (as is his right) and we still got a decent fee for him despite it being at the end of the window and him being available 6 months later on a free. DK has a strict wage structure in place that he won't break, and I think its largely thanks to that that we've not done a Luton, or a Bournemouth, or a (well, take your pick).

"Do you think that Al-Ebd negotiations might be hindered by the Chairman saying those things about the contract ?"
What "things" ? All I've seen is that he was offered a two year deal last month, then some quotes from Dean White waxing lyrical about him. Can you firstly refer me to DK's quotes about Adam el Abds contract, then I'll offer an opinion.

"How about my views that the Chairmans actions toward 'greedy' players and agents, has no impact on the clubs finances because he then goes and spend more on new 'greedy' players and agents ?"
Ultimately there is a playing budget that DK and the board set. He will not be dictated to by players and their agents, so if their demands exceed what Dk and the board consider to be their worth, then that player leaves or doesn't join. Its a good way of running things, because it helps to keep the club SOLVENT.

"Dont get sooo upset that I offer a view that might scratch the surface at how things happen within many clubs that many fans doubt know about."
There you go again. I'm not "upset" in the slightest. Offer a view by all means, but you have this silly habit of offering a view as though it were FACT, when it patently is not.

"You can come back crying 'you dont know anymore than meeeee' but probably lots do. Say something more tangible, something about the issues, you can choose to dismiss some of my comments that fall into your 'hissy category' but there is plenty more to argue about."
Quite happy to argue and debate with you or anyone else on here about any number of issues (as we have done regarding DK's stance on players and agents). But what I can't be arsed with is following the likes of you down blind alleys debating stuff that neither of us actually know anything about.

:clap2::clap2::lolol::lolol::lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Thats better thanks ........

1) dont worry too much about my views that might seem to need inside info. ... but it is real ( i am not a fantasist, promise ) but dismiss them if you wish.

2) Dont agree, I think Wilkins would of liked to of signed those players and that is the critical opinion, DK could of handled it so differently. Hammond wanted to stay 100% but didnt get the backing of Chairman until too late. But we have moved on.
He hasnt saved a penny, went and spent £300,000 on Murray and his wages. His own fall outs is based on his own personal views and whims it is not a money saving excersise.

3) you are upset

4) You assuming that I dont know the things I am writing, not true.

But anyway, I feel we are having a game of football on no-mans land in world war 1, so I am sure we will be in battle soon.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I am sorry that just isnt true. His feelings after the insults by DK made it inevitavble, but he wanted to stay.

I spent quite a while talking to him after a game one day before all the press crap from the arsegas and he was 90% sure he was going anyway due to certain reasons that i am not going into on here!!

What better source can you get than talking to the player himself??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats better thanks ........

1) dont worry too much about my views that might seem to need inside info. ... but it is real ( i am not a fantasist, promise ) but dismiss them if you wish.
Thanks. I will.
2) Dont agree, I think Wilkins would of liked to of signed those players and that is the critical opinion, DK could of handled it so differently. Hammond wanted to stay 100% but didnt get the backing of Chairman until too late. But we have moved on.
He hasnt saved a penny, went and spent £300,000 on Murray and his wages. His own fall outs is based on his own personal views and whims it is not a money saving excersise.
Hammond didn't leave because "he didn't get the backing of the chairman until too late". You're re-writing history. He left because the club and the player were at stalemate over the amount we were prepared to pay him, and so he took a more attractive offer from another club. Theres no "too late" about it. And who said anything about "saving money" ? Hammond went, Murray arrived. Yes he spent some money bringing in a new striker - football clubs do this from time to time, its quite commonplace. I trust that its within our budget though, because everyone is getting paid every week and we're not being run by Administrators.
3) you are upset
No. I'm really not.
4) You assuming that I dont know the things I am writing, not true.
"Trusted source" eh ? Good for you.
But anyway, I feel we are having a game of football on no-mans land in world war 1, so I am sure we will be in battle soon.
Well, conversing with you IS something of a minefield, as you certainly have to sort the wheat from the chaff (ie what YOU say has been said, and whats ACTUALLY been said).

Hey ho.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and while I'm on (its been a slow day), can I ask you AGAIN, BigGully, to elaborate on this:

Do you think that Al-Ebd negotiations might be hindered by the Chairman saying those things about the contract ?

Because unless I'm missing something, I can't find anything in The Argus where Dick Knight has said anything about the contract being offered to AEA.

What exactly ARE "those things" ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps I am being a bit thick here, but I do not understand this ‘Hammond desperately wanted to stay’ which has been peddled by a few people. BigGully and bhadeb being the main protagonists. I would have thought that not signing a contract offer that had been in place for a while would suggest that he was NOT desperate to stay.

Where has this ‘desperate to stay’ rumour come from? Was it a remark from him or his agent in the Argus?

It is very rare for a player to stay at a club if there is the chance of more money elsewhere. If one were desperate to stay somewhere, they would. Was he forced into rejecting the clubs offer to him?

May I point you towards Exhibit A, your honour?

Fabrizio Ravanelli : Rav loved Middlesbrough: 'Middlesbrough gave me so much love - and all I have for these fans is love. They must understand that.' He loved Marseille: 'I don't want to go back to England. I love Marseille: it is my own little paradise.' He loved Middlesbrough again: 'I'd love to go back. I want everyone at Middlesbrough to understand their town is like a dream to me. I have the love of those fans under my skin.'

But Derby was The One. 'I love Derby County, I love the city and I love the fans. It's a beautiful place because its people are beautiful. I will put my heart forward for this club - and maybe I will play for free? Money is not important to me...'

Now: after a fling with Dundee ('I love the style of football in Scotland... and I love Scotland') Rav's back at Perugia. 'I love Perugia,' he says. 'It's where my heart is.'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Duh! Obviously BigGully.

Indeed.
Don't forget, BigGully knows Adam El Abds current state of mind over the contract offer, Hammonds state of mind over leaving the club, and my state of mind over his posts.

The guys a certifiable GENIUS.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I spent quite a while talking to him after a game one day before all the press crap from the arsegas and he was 90% sure he was going anyway due to certain reasons that i am not going into on here!!

What better source can you get than talking to the player himself??

Hold on here guys, stop and think a bit.

He either wanted to stay or he didnt.

Did he say he wanted to go or that he WAS going for the reason you do not wish to say. Theres a massive difference

That is the critical point, I am telling you he wanted to stay, but circumstances overode that.

So what did he tell you ?? Did he tell you he wanted to leave or that he was likely to leave ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Indeed.
Don't forget, BigGully knows Adam El Abds current state of mind over the contract offer, Hammonds state of mind over leaving the club, and my state of mind over his posts.

The guys a certifiable GENIUS.

Very perceptive but I am not a genius, honest.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Hold on here guys, stop and think a bit.

He either wanted to stay or he didnt.

Did he say he wanted to go or that he WAS going for the reason you do not wish to say. Theres a massive difference

That is the critical point, I am telling you he wanted to stay, but circumstances overode that.

So what did he tell you ?? Did he tell you he wanted to leave or that he was likely to leave ??

He didn't want to stay!!!!!!!!!!!

he was just unsure if it was going to be January or on a free at the end of the season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very perceptive but I am not a genius, honest.
Great, glad we cleared that up.
Any further comments on THIS then fella ?

Oh, and while I'm on (its been a slow day), can I ask you AGAIN, BigGully, to elaborate on this:

Originally Posted by BigGully
Do you think that Al-Ebd negotiations might be hindered by the Chairman saying those things about the contract ?

Because unless I'm missing something, I can't find anything in The Argus where Dick Knight has said anything about the contract being offered to AEA.

I'm waiting....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Perhaps I am being a bit thick here, but I do not understand this ‘Hammond desperately wanted to stay’ which has been peddled by a few people. BigGully and bhadeb being the main protagonists. I would have thought that not signing a contract offer that had been in place for a while would suggest that he was NOT desperate to stay.

Where has this ‘desperate to stay’ rumour come from? Was it a remark from him or his agent in the Argus?

It is very rare for a player to stay at a club if there is the chance of more money elsewhere. If one were desperate to stay somewhere, they would. Was he forced into rejecting the clubs offer to him?

May I point you towards Exhibit A, your honour?

Fabrizio Ravanelli : Rav loved Middlesbrough: 'Middlesbrough gave me so much love - and all I have for these fans is love. They must understand that.' He loved Marseille: 'I don't want to go back to England. I love Marseille: it is my own little paradise.' He loved Middlesbrough again: 'I'd love to go back. I want everyone at Middlesbrough to understand their town is like a dream to me. I have the love of those fans under my skin.'

But Derby was The One. 'I love Derby County, I love the city and I love the fans. It's a beautiful place because its people are beautiful. I will put my heart forward for this club - and maybe I will play for free? Money is not important to me...'

Now: after a fling with Dundee ('I love the style of football in Scotland... and I love Scotland') Rav's back at Perugia. 'I love Perugia,' he says. 'It's where my heart is.'

I think your example is invalid.

To compare Hammond the local youngster that has come through the ranks to Fabrizio Ravanelli jaunts through the Premiership is pushing it a bit !! Come on.

Ultimately Hammond wanted a deal that he felt reflected how highly he was regarded. He didnt get it.

He felt that DK didnt show any great urgency to secure him on a contract and then DK and the agent went public and it got messy.

But I guess this is for another thread.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Chairman Dick Knight said: "It has been on the table for some time and we hope he signs it soon."

I think its even on the Argus today, certainly online.

Jeeeez, how do you not know this and then swagger in and debate on it ??

Its the 'on the table for some time' that is unecessary and could cause a reaction from his agent and the player.

Already the headline is stalling as I pointed out it would be.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hammond wanted to stay 100% but didnt get the backing of Chairman until too late.

I am quite happy to accept that you have better contacts in all areas of the albion, football and life in general than me BigGully with the exception of one. And i can categorically state this is wrong.

So - how much of the rest is bullshit ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here