Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eight minutes MINIMUM

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You have to do the first yellow early enough, when he STARTS taking the piss.

As you observe, it's largely pointless doing it in the last few minutes because by then, that ship has sailed and they know they'll get away with it.

Whatever happened to that six second rule anyway ?
It still exists. Law 12.2.

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

Taken from https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#indirect-free-kick

I cannot remember the last time a goalkeeper was penalised for not releasing the ball within the 6 seconds.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It still exists. Law 12.2.

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

Taken from https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#indirect-free-kick

I cannot remember the last time a goalkeeper was penalised for not releasing the ball within the 6 seconds.
The application of this law is determined on when the goalkeeper is not being impeded by opposition players.
In other words, GK catches the ball from a corner, referee waits for the penalty area to be clear before the ‘six seconds’ starts.
Fans start wetting their pants with a sped up count as soon as the keeper catches the ball though.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If we didn’t start so slowly yesterday , prehaps try to have a bit more urgency in the first half and took the lead , there might not of been the time wasting

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It wasn't Burnley's fault we couldn't score enough in the time available.

Oh.....

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought he did alright today to be honest.

I also thought he did ok today, however that is Comparing him to the other performances he's Refereed whivh is pretty low bar.
I think what @kevo was saying is that, when the board comes up with hiw much added time is, that number us a minimum of Minutes. To blow up after exactly 8 min, when Burnley were still time waisting is wrong. We could have had maybe another 2 more chances, would we have scored? Who knows, they may have broke away and scored. The fact is blowing then final Whistle on exactly 8 min Benefited Burnley. I'm not saying this cost us the match. If the game gas an hold up stop the watch until it restarts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I also thought he did ok today, however that is Comparing him to the other performances he's Refereed whivh is pretty low bar.
I think what @kevo was saying is that, when the board comes up with hiw much added time is, that number us a minimum of Minutes. To blow up after exactly 8 min, when Burnley were still time waisting is wrong. We could have had maybe another 2 more chances, would we have scored? Who knows, they may have broke away and scored. The fact is blowing then final Whistle on exactly 8 min Benefited Burnley. I'm not saying this cost us the match. If the game gas an hold up stop the watch until it restarts.
We would definitely have had at least one more chance if he'd added on 2-3 mins as he should've done.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought the ref was OK, yes he could of booked the keeper for time wasting and nipped it in the bud early.
However the one thing he was poor on was free kicks and throw in continuously taken from the wrong place. Every free kick taken by the keeper he rolled the ball 5 yards in field. Thrown in's where the ball has gone out in 5 yards from the half way line taken 5 yards in the other half. And while I'm on throw in's how many foul throws. I know it's a bit petty but it's basics.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I presume you mean:….. that they’ll NOT get a second yellow.

to which my response is why on earth shouldn’t a goalkeeper get sent off for continuing to timewaste even after they have been booked.
Couldn’t agree more , should be sent off but never are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here