Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eight minutes MINIMUM

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Iy wasn't a controversial sort of game. It's just the time wasting, from about 5 mins in that he didn't get on top of.

Time wasting exists because it works.

Sin bins for bookings would stop it straight away
Grief no thanks to sin bins

People say that the game of rugby was hard to understand..they looked with envy at football ..no more I fear

Re the ref ..personally I’ve no particular complaints

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why didn't that useless **** Hooper not add anything on for their injury and keeper timewasting?
I think I may be ill. I'm of the opinion that Hoops did OK today. Stopped the time-wasting pretty well, even dragged one of their players to their feet.

How should I treat this ailment? I'm very concerned. It feels very wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is absolutely no point in booking the keeper for time wasting , they’ll just carry on safe in the knowledge that they’ll get a second yellow. Has any ref ever given two yellow to a keeper for time wasting? I can’t remember one.

I thought Hooper was okish today which was a complete suprise to me as he’s one of the worst of a very bad bunch.
You have to do the first yellow early enough, when he STARTS taking the piss.

As you observe, it's largely pointless doing it in the last few minutes because by then, that ship has sailed and they know they'll get away with it.

Whatever happened to that six second rule anyway ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought he did alright today to be honest.
Yes but we had a poor result so it must be his fault (and I expect it’s also our fault for the atmosphere, only just come here after getting back but I’m sure the thread is on here somewhere)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The six second rule still exists. I get that it would be silly if it was strictly enforced all the time but Trafford today was taking the piss today so an indirect free kick would have stopped him along with an early yellow card for taking too long with goal kicks.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There is absolutely no point in booking the keeper for time wasting , they’ll just carry on safe in the knowledge that they’ll get a second yellow. Has any ref ever given two yellow to a keeper for time wasting? I can’t remember one.

I thought Hooper was okish today which was a complete suprise to me as he’s one of the worst of a very bad bunch.
I presume you mean:….. that they’ll NOT get a second yellow.

to which my response is why on earth shouldn’t a goalkeeper get sent off for continuing to timewaste even after they have been booked.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyone else remember this 'clampdown' on timewasting?

Lasted all of a couple of weeks, as predicted. Trafford should have been booked in the first half, let alone the 10/15 other occasions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can I also say, the "De Zerbi's right, the refs are shite" song is embarrassing.
Especially when it got sung after a throw in we didn’t get, which was right in front of me and came off Mitoma last…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought he did alright today to be honest.
Read the room. When we don't win, it must be someone's fault. There is only one thing hated more in this context than VAR. That's the rotten refs that VAR was brought in to assist. It's like hating crime and the police.

(I salute the many people who gave you a thumbs up, by the way. Perhaps the ref could have booked the keeper for his antics, but there isn't anything he can do when players suddenly slump onto the grass. The most annoying thing about this is how the crowd responds, shrieking howling and grizzling. It must sound awful to our players. Thankfully they are professional and don't lose their heads like much of the crowd).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here