Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eight minutes MINIMUM

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why didn't that useless **** Hooper not add anything on for their injury and keeper timewasting?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I did enjoy the Charlie Taylor booking and thought he did generally try to keep a lid on the time wasting.
He could have done more though and there was definitely a car for more than 8 minutes.
The way it was going, there could have been 25 extra mins and it still would have finished 1-1

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's getting silly now - eight minutes should be enough time for heavy favourites to beat a very poor side who will be relegated. Would an extra couple of minutes have made a difference today? No. It would still have finished 1-1. James Trafford should be heading to the Euros. For someone so young, he knows the dark arts very well.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
I just don’t get referees not dishing out yellow cards for goalkeepers time wasting. Some do it right from the start and Trafford falling to the ground after every catch, a la Pickford is taking the piss.
It won’t have an effect on the particular game they get a card in for time wasting but when goalkeepers start missing games because they’ve picked up five yellows for time wasting then they may start doing it less as managers won’t want their first choice keeper missing a handful of games a season to suspension due to time wasting

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Iy wasn't a controversial sort of game. It's just the time wasting, from about 5 mins in that he didn't get on top of.

Time wasting exists because it works.

Sin bins for bookings would stop it straight away

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Beyond not tackling their -- and especially Trafford's -- timewasting, Hoops had a good game. He should have booked Trafford in the first half: it was obvious what he was up to from very early on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A lot of crying at the wrong people / person here. Let’s have a closer look at our players who like Sheff Utd had 30+ shots and only
scored 1 goal…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did fine today but the stoppage time thing was laughable - kept pointing at his watch in stoppage time when they were timewasting and then seemed to blow up bang on 8?!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did fine today but the stoppage time thing was laughable - kept pointing at his watch in stoppage time when they were timewasting and then seemed to blow up bang on 8?!

Maybe he was pointing at his watch to indicate that it had stopped and he was just having to guess it :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You are right but we could have played all night and not scored.

If you only score once from 27 shots, you can’t win Premier League games against any team, even Luton.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would an extra couple of minutes have made a difference today? No. It would still have finished 1-1.
Don't think you can say that with any certainty - we were creating chance after chance at the end.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I just don’t get referees not dishing out yellow cards for goalkeepers time wasting. Some do it right from the start and Trafford falling to the ground after every catch, a la Pickford is taking the piss.
It won’t have an effect on the particular game they get a card in for time wasting but when goalkeepers start missing games because they’ve picked up five yellows for time wasting then they may start doing it less as managers won’t want their first choice keeper missing a handful of games a season to suspension due to time wasting
There is absolutely no point in booking the keeper for time wasting , they’ll just carry on safe in the knowledge that they’ll get a second yellow. Has any ref ever given two yellow to a keeper for time wasting? I can’t remember one.

I thought Hooper was okish today which was a complete suprise to me as he’s one of the worst of a very bad bunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here