Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Egypt holiday worry

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With all the flight problems why cant the authorities not charter a ferry and take them to Limassol and then fly people home from Paphos or Larnaca or even Akatori

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm supposed to be diving there in Feb. I think it'll all have blown over by then?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Doing Nepal in Sept now to tie in with a trip to China. Was just going to fly to Sharm, not driving. All looks a bit uncertain now, regarding Egypt?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have no particular urge to go to Sharm. Seems to be full of council estaters on all exclusives but apparently very good diving. I'll go elsewhere though I think.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
With all the flight problems why cant the authorities not charter a ferry and take them to Limassol and then fly people home from Paphos or Larnaca or even Akatori
Do you know how far that is from Sharm to Cyprus?..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have no particular urge to go to Sharm. Seems to be full of council estaters on all exclusives but apparently very good diving. I'll go elsewhere though I think.
They probably know the difference between inclusive and exclusive though , no matter how hard you try, the fact that you're thick as shit always manages to shine through :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They probably know the difference between inclusive and exclusive though , no matter how hard you try, the fact that you're thick as shit always manages to shine through :lolol:

Ah, the old phone thumbs. Thanks for pointing that out Bushy. As usual in the intelligent manner you have become well known for on here ya wee dafty!!

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I went to Tunisia in 1981. It was a pleasant experience. I was based in Sousse on the coast. I was 20 and my g/f 19. Even though it was an educational cultural experience we both felt slightly uncomfortably with the freely voiced sexual innuendo. It wasn't only directed at my g/f! Fantastic sun, beaches and sites like Matmarta. Today I would not visit any country with perceived risk even if the holiday was free. Times have changed badly.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ah, the old phone thumbs. Thanks for pointing that out Bushy. As usual in the intelligent manner you have become well known for on here ya wee dafty!!

"Phone thumbs" caused you to type exclusive instead of inclusive ? Course it did .........:dunce:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Phone thumbs" caused you to type exclusive instead of inclusive ? Course it did .........:dunce:
Nope, it caused me to type something that was auto-corrected.
Do you really give that much of a shit?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
going in the second week of February. i have to make the final payment on 27th and am flying with thomas cook, its a holiday with a couple of friends.

Never realised you can book holidays on easy payment plans ??? Thought it was all down when you book it.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

The ferry would have to pass through the Suez Canal, Sharm is on the Red Sea. If it was a good idea to take people out of Sharm by boat instead of waiting until the airport meets FCO's standards for relaxing the current restriction, said boat would be better to go to Safaga ferry port, from where people could be bussed to Hurghada airport.
Meanwhile special flights are going to be arranged tomorrow from Sharm to UK with passengers and hand baggage only. Hold baggage to travel separately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ww went on a 3 day cruise from Cyprus to Israel The Holy Land and Egypt granted it was 10 years ago, Not sure if they still run them now. Also we drove to Cyprus in 1995 and caught the ferry from Pireaus to Limassol via Rhodes which was going on to Tehran

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here