Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Egypt holiday worry

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's going to hit the retailers hard and their huge mark up on water and drinks when you make it through security... Barcelona airport its pretty much €4 a bottle! :eek:

It is a total disgrace 3.5 Euros at Vienna Airport

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's going to hit the retailers hard and their huge mark up on water and drinks when you make it through security... Barcelona airport its pretty much €4 a bottle! :eek:

It makes you wonder doesn't it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was in the Departure Lounge at Sharm El Sheikh then the price of a bottle of water is the last thing I'd be thinking about.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think there is more chance of being killed by religious friutcakes in London than Egypt.

Are we talking Christmas cake or Simnel cake?

I guess they're both pretty dense and would do some serious damage if one landed on you from a great height.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Why would you bother,... there were suicide bombings in Sharm itself in 2005,... plus all the killings at the various ancient monuments on the Nile,.... why oh why would you book to go there..... fools.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Why would anyone want to go to Sharm? Wouldn't go there if it was a free holiday!

It just attracts those who go to Benidorm !!!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
We still do not know how the plane crashed, a lot of people jumping the gun here

To have the plane spread over a 9 mile radius pretty much takes out of the equation any malfunction, unless it was a fuel leak. Which means either a bomb or missile.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To have the plane spread over a 9 mile radius pretty much takes out of the equation any malfunction, unless it was a fuel leak. Which means either a bomb or missile.

Isis don't have the weaponry to hit a target at 31000 feet, which is why the investigations are looking at a bomb.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
There was talk it could have been from an explosive decompression caused by a tail strike repair some year earlier (as with Japan Airlines 123 in 1985). However, wreckage from that site was spread over a 3 mile odd radius, 9 miles would indicate some sort of incendiary explosion.

From the stories coming out, don't think they would have had a lot of difficulty getting a device on board.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

It is a total disgrace 3.5 Euros at Vienna Airport

Take an empty plastic bottle through security (never a problem, although they don't advertise the fact), and fill it up from a tap on the other side. Saves a fortune.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why would anyone want to go to Sharm? Wouldn't go there if it was a free holiday!

It just attracts those who go to Benidorm !!!

Indeed just another dull and cultureless beach resort, not quite as bad as Dubai though

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Take an empty plastic bottle through security (never a problem, although they don't advertise the fact), and fill it up from a tap on the other side. Saves a fortune.

Drink tap water over there? Are you mad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here