Egg Chasing tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales to win or not

• Total voters

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's been done. Stuck in on Wednesday and at home recovering with a rather ridiculous looking hairstyle.

Any improvement would be good, but oddly enough it has arrived at a time where I am happiest, content with my lot and more positive than I ever have been. Don't find out the results until I have my equipment tested in 4-6 weeks when the ear and head has recovered fully. So half-hearing for a little while.

A Welsh win will cheer me up! And I can cope with just looking at Jenkins as opposed to hearing her.

Fingers crossed for 6 weeks then. Hope the hair gets better soon :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Allez Les Bleus. Could be a cracking game and it'll be good to watch without getting as angry as I did last weekend :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Disagree completely.

I am half Welsh and all my Welsh relatives will always cheer on the English.

You just hear more about the negative side than the positive side.

I am afraid I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one, I have lived in South Wales for 27 yeras now and can confirm when it comes to Rugby the Welsh (in the main) want anyone to win apart from the english, to the extent that i witnessed a WHOLE pub full supporting Argentina when they played against England, and when I explained that it was The argentinians that killed lots of Welsh men in the Falklands, the reply I got was......"Don't give a F**k it's rugby" and we want anyone but the English to win....

The attitude has got a bit better over the years, but in the main it still remains, and I can again confirm that you can walk into just about any pub in South Wales when England are on the telly playing against someone else, the opposition will always get the welsh support (in the main)

I will admit in Football it is slightly differant, as the vast majority of welsh are embarrassed about their national football team.

I am afraid I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one, I have lived in South Wales for 27 yeras now and can confirm when it comes to Rugby the Welsh (in the main) want anyone to win apart from the english, to the extent that i witnessed a WHOLE pub full supporting Argentina when they played against England, and when I explained that it was The argentinians that killed lots of Welsh men in the Falklands, the reply I got was......"Don't give a F**k it's rugby" and we want anyone but the English to win....

The attitude has got a bit better over the years, but in the main it still remains, and I can again confirm that you can walk into just about any pub in South Wales when England are on the telly playing against someone else, the opposition will always get the welsh support (in the main)

I will admit in Football it is slightly differant, as the vast majority of welsh are embarrassed about their national football team.

My experience of watching Wales tallies with this - but again I'd say it's exactly the same for any of the other northern hemisphere sides (with the possible exception of Italy). The French certainly have a pretty intense dislike for the English. I think the 'tit-for-tat' idea is just an excuse to dislike people from other parts of GB, I don't think anyone (English or otherwise) should kid themselves that it's one-way.

I was raised in South Wales, Llantwit Major, and my uncle played for the full Welsh Rugby Team, maybe I never saw any of this but then again I was 10 when we moved so never really went to pubs.

Everyone of my friends and family would never cheer on a side who were playing against ANY of the home nations.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I know, but rise above it; remember, you're English and thus superior to them. They know this, hence the hatred. (And if their football team was any good the hatred would extend to football as well).

I'm not fussed who wins tomorrow, but I shall DEFINITELY be supporting the winners in the final. The Welsh might suffer from 'small man' syndrome, but at least they're not Aussies or Kiwis.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm ambivilent to the outcome, except that I'd trust Wales to put up more of a fight in the final, seeing as they should have beaten South Africa and have beaten everybody else with ease.

Looking forward to it though, I must say.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was raised in South Wales, Llantwit Major, and my uncle played for the full Welsh Rugby Team, maybe I never saw any of this but then again I was 10 when we moved so never really went to pubs.

Everyone of my friends and family would never cheer on a side who were playing against ANY of the home nations.

I live just down the road from Llantwit Major (towards Bridgend) in all fairness in that area I doubt you would see that attitude, even now in that area you would not experience what I am saying, I lived in St Brides Major for 5 years and the vast majority would support england, but that is because a vast majority were english!! :)
As a matter of interest who is your Uncle, I do know quite a few old and present players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
France for me, cannot bring myself to supporting Wales unless in the final

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One of my best friends is welsh, and he has suffered enough for that already, so I am cheering on the dragons tomorrow. Also watched the Welsh against the Irish andthey were everything that the leaden footed English team weren't. adventuorous, quick and brave. They really showed England up for the stodgy crap we are, if they weren't beating france tomorrow they'd be beating us.

I live just down the road from Llantwit Major (towards Bridgend) in all fairness in that area I doubt you would see that attitude, even now in that area you would not experience what I am saying, I lived in St Brides Major for 5 years and the vast majority would support england, but that is because a vast majority were english!! :)
As a matter of interest who is your Uncle, I do know quite a few old and present players.

Gareth Payne.

You will have to google it i feel, I am getting on a bit.

He died a few years back now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Base64Image.aspx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports