Egg Chasing tomorrow

Wales to win or not

• Total voters

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Gareth Payne.

You will have to google it i feel, I am getting on a bit.

He died a few years back now.

I can assure you I am a tad over 21 :laugh: must admit I don't know the name, I will google it though.

Have you been back to Llantwit in recent years? I very much doubt any of it has changed that much, the town (if you can call it a town!!!) still has roads big enough to drive a bike through and all the old pubs are still there, (to those that don't know Llantwit, a traffic jam is 2 cars going in the opposite direction!) we do go to Llantwit quite a bit, nice little place, crime has taken over though.........a local had their garden gnome stolen about 3 years ago, it's still missing and the local policeman is still treating it like a murder enquiry!! well in between his road crossing duties :laugh:

I can assure you I am a tad over 21 :laugh: must admit I don't know the name, I will google it though.

Have you been back to Llantwit in recent years? I very much doubt any of it has changed that much, the town (if you can call it a town!!!) still has roads big enough to drive a bike through and all the old pubs are still there, (to those that don't know Llantwit, a traffic jam is 2 cars going in the opposite direction!) we do go to Llantwit quite a bit, nice little place, crime has taken over though.........a local had their garden gnome stolen about 3 years ago, it's still missing and the local policeman is still treating it like a murder enquiry!! well in between his road crossing duties :laugh:

Went back about 10 years ago to show the wife where I was brought up, I can assure you it has changed a alot since I moved out in 78.

The beach, and it was a bloody good beach when i left, had boulders all over it for flood defence as the next door village, Boverton, got flooded.

Dad used to take me to the Blacksmiths and Cross Keys pubs when he played darts. Many happy memories are flooding back.

Does that mean you have had some good news?

If you're asking about the big C then there's nothing new except that I've only one more treatment to go on this course of twelve. The recurrance is not operable/curable so it's now a question of knocking it back and hopefully preventing it spreading again to anywhere vital (eg liver, lungs etc), I've just got nodules in the peritoneum atm, which is muscle. CT scan showed the chemo was working OK at the six treatment stage, as expected, so they're looking to "stabilise" the cancer now (monitor with 3m CT scanning). If it doesn't grow then it then no need for any chemo, if it does then more pickling, provided there's an NHS still around.

We're just having a rugby weekend starting early tomorrow, with a footy interlude for me in the late afternoon.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Went back about 10 years ago to show the wife where I was brought up, I can assure you it has changed a alot since I moved out in 78.

The beach, and it was a bloody good beach when i left, had boulders all over it for flood defence as the next door village, Boverton, got flooded.

Dad used to take me to the Blacksmiths and Cross Keys pubs when he played darts. Many happy memories are flooding back.

The wife and I always use the Blacksmiths and the Keys when we visit there, I have played against both of them at pool a few years ago when we lived in St Brides, again have to be honest the beach is not a place we frequent, we tend to use southerndown or ogmore, if ever you come back up again, be sure to let me know, and Rose and I will gladly meet you for a drink in the Blacksmiths :thumbsup:

The wife and I always use the Blacksmiths and the Keys when we visit there, I have played against both of them at pool a few years ago when we lived in St Brides, again have to be honest the beach is not a place we frequent, we tend to use southerndown or ogmore, if ever you come back up again, be sure to let me know, and Rose and I will gladly meet you for a drink in the Blacksmiths :thumbsup:

Thanks for that.

Remember I was very young when we moved away, Is Ogmore the beach with all the dunes?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Thanks for that.

Remember I was very young when we moved away, Is Ogmore the beach with all the dunes?

Ogmore does not have any dunes, but right next to it is Merthyr Mawr, this is the place you will be thinking of, it does have all the dunes, many would probably call it Ogmore in all fairnesss as it literally is right next to Ogmore beach....click on the link below and you will see what i mean....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1...code_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEIQ8gEwAg

Move the map to the right and you will see Ogmore by sea etc

Ogmore does not have any dunes, but right next to it is Merthyr Mawr, this is the place you will be thinking of, it does have all the dunes, many would probably call it Ogmore in all fairnesss as it literally is right next to Ogmore beach....click on the link below and you will see what i mean....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1...code_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEIQ8gEwAg

Move the map to the right and you will see Ogmore by sea etc
If you want a SUPERB beach near Ogmore, I recommend Southerndown.

I once saw a sheep fall off a cliff there. I have NO IDEA what it had been up to.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
If her damn signing gets too much

Is your wife deaf ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not Welsh, nor do I have any Welsh relatives, and I can't say I've ever supported them in any other event, but I find myself unequivocally wanting them to win tomorrow.

Imagine the atmosphere if they reached the final, it'd be great. Even to my non-expert eyes, they've been one of the better teams in this tournament and have played some cracking rugby throughout, unlike the French who have only bothered to turn up for one game. France in the final would be rubbish.

Does it bother me that few Welsh people would support England if the situation was reversed? Not a bit- I can't say this in any way that doesn't make it sound like a condescending pat on the head for Wales, but the anti-English thing is mostly just a bit of a historical chip on the shoulder. Or just because it's what everyone else does.

Nope, I'd love to see Wales win. Times aren't great anywhere in the UK, but Wales reaching the World Cup final- or even winning the cup- in their national sport would provide a genuine feel-good factor down that way. Every Welsh person I know is going nuts for this. That can only be a good thing IMHO.

I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it was Scotland, but it's definitely Wales for me tomorrow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazingly there will be more people watching the game at the Millenium stadium than in Auckland. They WRU have sold 65,000 tickets to fans wanting to watch it on big screens there.

(It'll probably be the same when we play Palace up there if their noddy gates are anything to go by)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I'm not Welsh, nor do I have any Welsh relatives, and I can't say I've ever supported them in any other event, but I find myself unequivocally wanting them to win tomorrow.

Imagine the atmosphere if they reached the final, it'd be great. Even to my non-expert eyes, they've been one of the better teams in this tournament and have played some cracking rugby throughout, unlike the French who have only bothered to turn up for one game. France in the final would be rubbish.

Does it bother me that few Welsh people would support England if the situation was reversed? Not a bit- I can't say this in any way that doesn't make it sound like a condescending pat on the head for Wales, but the anti-English thing is mostly just a bit of a historical chip on the shoulder. Or just because it's what everyone else does.

Nope, I'd love to see Wales win. Times aren't great anywhere in the UK, but Wales reaching the World Cup final- or even winning the cup- in their national sport would provide a genuine feel-good factor down that way. Every Welsh person I know is going nuts for this. That can only be a good thing IMHO.

I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it was Scotland, but it's definitely Wales for me tomorrow.

Whilst I appreciate your opinion's, I really do think you need to live within the atmosphere and attitude to be able to comment (highlighted above) with conviction, and I am really not trying to start a major debate on this subject, I love the welsh, my daughter was born here most of my best friends are welsh, I have lived here 27 years, if i didnt like them i'm sure I would have moved along time ago :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Amazingly there will be more people watching the game at the Millenium stadium than in Auckland. They WRU have sold 65,000 tickets to fans wanting to watch it on big screens there.

(It'll probably be the same when we play Palace up there if their noddy gates are anything to go by)

To my knowledge and listening to the news, they have been given away not sold. (unless i mis-heard?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here