Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL & Sky to annouce January's televised games on Friday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know there are algorithms they have to stick to etc but I'm shocked Brighton vs Newcastle @ Amex isn't a live game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Interestingly, There is still a chance that we WILL be playing Newcastle at 3pm on Saturday.

Surely it won't be moved now? The Huddersfield game was after Newcastle ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interestingly, There is still a chance that we WILL be playing Newcastle at 3pm on Saturday.

Well, technically there are TWO chances - we're both knocked out in R3 and the game goes ahead as planned, or we get drawn to play each other in R4.

The first isn't THAT unlikely mind, given that neither club is probably going to be seeing the Cup as priority this season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely it won't be moved now? The Huddersfield game was after Newcastle ?

Well, technically there are TWO chances - we're both knocked out in R3 and the game goes ahead as planned, or we get drawn to play each other in R4.

The first isn't THAT unlikely mind, given that neither club is probably going to be seeing the Cup as priority this season.

Fa cup, pants weekend

First hurdle was Sky moving it. All we now need is both teams to not take the FA Cup seriously

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't we play Leeds on a Thursday at the Amex one year ? Seem to remember we played Leeds, Liverpool and Palace in the space of a week, and the Leeds game was on a Thursday ?

I might be wrong. The mind plays tricks.
One of those games was definately a Thursday, not sure which.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
First hurdle was Sky moving it. All we now need is both teams to not take the FA Cup seriously

I'm not on that bus, I'm afraid. I still LOVE the FA Cup, and want the Albion to WIN it (as well as going up).

At lot will depend on the 3rd Round draw. The side Hughton puts out will be determined by who we are playing. Either of us get a real minnow and you've lost your Sat 3pm ko, anyway.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Technically there are (at least) THREE chances.

We could be playing them at 3pm on Saturday 7th January (or in the 5th round, 6th round.....)

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Didn't we play Leeds on a Thursday at the Amex one year ? Seem to remember we played Leeds, Liverpool and Palace in the space of a week, and the Leeds game was on a Thursday ?

I might be wrong. The mind plays tricks.

We played Liverpool on the Wednesday, Leeds on the Friday and then Palace the following Tuesday if i remember rightly.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have we had a Thursday game before?

Also, Huddersfield away on a Thursday night and then Brentford away on Saturday? 1 day off. That doesn't seem right.

View attachment 79157

The Brentford game has been moved to Sunday Feb 5th at 3pm.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
One of our standard 4-0 tonkings away at Brentford was a Thursday night, courtesy of ITV Digital.

We also played Halifax away on Thursday, 2 days after winning the 4th Division/Division 3/League 2.

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
An earlier poster asked why our CEO is so enthusiastic about these changes. Could it be that because of the great number of season ticket holders, he doesn't care about the fans' inconvenience. The seats have been paid for, so it doesn't matter if they are occupied or not. The revenue from SKY doubtless more than offsets the revenue from catering sales. Froma purely monetary view, it makes sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here