Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL & Sky to annouce January's televised games on Friday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So 7 of our next 14 league games are live on TV - we really are the new Leeds, aren't we?

What with Sky and SASTA constantly jerking people around, begs the question: why would anyone apart from locals even bother buying a season ticket? Far more trouble than its worth shirley?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was at the fans forum the season Hyppia joined... cant remember the exact quote. Makes sense though sat pm people have things to do in the evening etc. Friday PM people can get plastered and deal with a sat am hangover?

Fair enough, that makes a bit of sense, I guess...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Sky haven't scheduled any games during the FA Cup 4th round weekend so perhaps they can slot a tasty one like BHA v NU in if it transpires that the game will in fact be happening that weekend due to both being eliminated in R3.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thursday? How can that be? I thought league games were always on a Saturday unless re-arranged for Friday, Sunday or Monday. That is rubbish. Really rubbish. Thank goodness it's an away game.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sky haven't scheduled any games during the FA Cup 4th round weekend so perhaps they can slot a tasty one like BHA v NU in if it transpires that the game will in fact be happening that weekend due to both being eliminated in R3.

Unlikely due to the minimum 5 week advance agreement to fixture changes that EFL and SKY have agreed to.

If not played on the 28th January then of course the re-arranged fixture may be transmitted if the above criteria is met.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Years ago we were all moaning because we neve made it onto TV. I bloomin wish sometimes it was like that again but I suppose this is the price of success

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
What with Sky and SASTA constantly jerking people around, begs the question: why would anyone apart from locals even bother buying a season ticket? Far more trouble than its worth shirley?

Yes indeed THPP, but the magnetic allure of the squad, CH, the Amex, Harveys, the pies, the candy wagons, Gully, Fanzone, GOSBTS, the North Stand at full volume and a borderline obsession with the Albion (just about) outweigh the combined dark forces of Sky, SASTA and a 310 mile round trip in rush hour traffic on the M40/M25/M23! It'll take a lot more than that for me to give up my season ticket! UTA :thumbsup::ascarf:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Its really not a question of being enthusiastic about it, or "not caring" about the inconvenience to fans. Barber / BHAFC have NO CHOICE - Sky pay the money, they call the shots. Its as simple as that.

He is enthusiastic about home matches being moved to Fridays though, he did admit this on a radio interview a few years back.

I know we had a discussion a while back but IMO i think we get a choice of what day a Sky game is moved too.

Funny how so many seem to be on a Friday ??? But away Sky moved matches are other days......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here