Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL & Sky to annouce January's televised games on Friday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess they do. My point is simply that, when Sky announce that this game has been picked, there should be no reason for the usual (quite justified) wailing about it, as with or without Sky, the original date is (almost certainly) going to be changed anyway.

So worst case scenario is something like....

Saturday 3pm: Albion v Newcastle (as currently)
Friday 8pm: Albion v Newcastle (Sky select the fixture)
Monday 8pm: Albion v Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So worst case scenario is something like....

Saturday 3pm: Albion v Newcastle (as currently)
Friday 8pm: Albion v Newcastle (Sky select the fixture)
Monday 8pm: Albion v Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round)

No...
WORST case, is an FA Cup fixture selected for TV on the Monday, and then the Newcastle game rescheduled for Sky on ANOTHER ****ing Monday :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What's happened in the past for this stuff though? Presumably Sky do still pick a game/some games for that weekend and then have to make adjustments nearer the time based on who does and doesn't progress in the Cup.

IIRC our home game with Reading last season was moved to a Friday night for Sky but then cancelled when Reading progressed in the FA Cup.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IIRC our home game with Reading last season was moved to a Friday night for Sky but then cancelled when Reading progressed in the FA Cup.
Yes it was.

That was a later round, and surely Sky would reckon on at least 1 of Newcastle or Albion will be going into round 4, so won't pick a match they may well have to cancel.

Is there definately televised championship games that weekend ? ???

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How much influence do Sky have on rearranged matches?
Newcastle will be live, but. If one or other in the FA Cup it could be played on the 7th Feb. But after that, with the CL returning mid-week Sky would have to move it to late March unless they move Reading H to a Monday and play Newcastle on Friday 24th Feb.
Can Sky move a match they are not showing to show another on a Friday?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Sheffield Wednesday (home) and Huddersfield (away) have been moved to be televised.

Sheffield Wednesday now Friday 21st Jan and Huddersfield moved to THURSDAY 2nd February.

As a result, Brentford away has been moved to Sunday 5th Feb
Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have we had a Thursday game before?

Also, Huddersfield away on a Thursday night and then Brentford away on Saturday? 1 day off. That doesn't seem right.

EFL Televised fixtures.jpg

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Sheffield Wednesday (home) and Huddersfield (away) will be televised

Sheffield Wednesday now Friday 21st Jan and Huddersfield moved to THURSDAY 2nd February.

As a result, Brentford away has been moved to Sunday 5th Feb

Could've been a lot worse!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No home Saturday games then during December and January, unless The FA Cup throws something up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Also, Huddersfield away on a Thursday night and then Brentford away on Saturday? 1 day off. That doesn't seem right.

View attachment 79157

Yes we have. I have watched the Albion on every day of the week.

I'm sure one of our play off games was on a Thursday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

View attachment 79157
Brentford moved to the Sunday. And to answer your Thursday night question, did we lose 4-0 away at Brentford on a Thursday? It was televised but I can't remember the name of the broadcaster as they were only around for a short time

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I meant a common or garden league fixture.

Didn't we play Leeds on a Thursday at the Amex one year ? Seem to remember we played Leeds, Liverpool and Palace in the space of a week, and the Leeds game was on a Thursday ?

I might be wrong. The mind plays tricks.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Brentford moved to the Sunday. And to answer your Thursday night question, did we lose 4-0 away at Brentford on a Thursday? It was televised but I can't remember the name of the broadcaster as they were only around for a short time

Setanta?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't we play Leeds on a Thursday at the Amex one year ? Seem to remember we played Leeds, Liverpool and Palace in the space of a week, and the Leeds game was on a Thursday ?

I might be wrong. Beer consumption plays tricks.

Fixed for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here