Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Eddie Izzard is now........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've seen her live a couple of times - a bit hit and miss, but mostly good. Whatever you think of the humour, she has raised an amazing amount of money for charity - including running 27 marathons in 27 days - which is a mind-boggling feat. She also does her stand-up shows in French and German, which is also pretty incredible.

Indeed.

And a far, far cry from Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning, and all those other *****.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Imagine how impossible life would be if you somehow had to carry around in your head a database of whether you should address everyone you meet as the personal pronoun of their choosing. Wouldn't really work IRL would it, even if they were to wear a special badge?

i suppose in real life we have a number of social badges - hair, clothes, makeup, demeanor - that determine the gender of someone. we get unstuck when people want to reassign their gender without actually following those social badges. so if Izzard is wearing a frock, "she" seems appropriate, if wearing a DJ "he" would be. its all fine until someone takes offence if the incorrect form is used, when social convention doesnt have any way to predetermine what gender is correct, except those social badges.

thing with Izzard is he's made a point during his career of normalising transvestism, saying he just likes to wear dresses ("woman can wear what they like, so do I" - cant fault that logic), without it being about gender or sexuality.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Imagine how impossible life would be if you somehow had to carry around in your head a database of whether you should address everyone you meet as the personal pronoun of their choosing. Wouldn't really work IRL would it, even if they were to wear a special badge?

It’s almost as if it’s time for pronouns to not be gender specific. In all seriousness why is it important to reference someone’s gender/sex when discussing them?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes indeed, terribly difficult.

Yet we manage to walk around with a database of names to call each other. Sometimes we even manage to retrieve key information about each other to spark a conversation.

If they like to be called him/he or her/she is certainly a step to far though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it’s time I went non-binary.

Hello, my name is Their Tubthumper.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why did you keep going?

saw him a couple of times with large audiences 1500 , 2000 he was flat and most of the audience didn't get him ...loads walked out during second half of show then saw him again a a comedy fest event with a small audience under 200 and he was funny but blue as ....steven merchant was surprisingly funny as was alan davies.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Prepared to forgive him the Palace thing, just, because - like me - he grew up in Bexhill, and went to school at St Bedes and then Eastbourne College.

He was a couple of years above me at both, but I do vaguely remember him. And he has sometimes talked about certain teachers in his act, which strikes a chord too.

Though I do feel he’s morphing into the headmaster’s wife from St Bedes. A ghastly, make-up clad harridan, known by her initials EP, who traumatised a generation of kids and totally emasculated her husband. For those who knew her, you can definitely see something of her in Eddie’s’” ‘look’!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not my cup of tea, but you can’t deny his / her groundbreaking comedy career.
Like it or not, everyone has a right to be who they want to be, and to be called a c** t for that, is sad.
Football matters shouldn’t come into it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What's wrong with 'mate'? ???

I used it once when addressing the Duke of Edinburgh. He said something along the lines of 'I'm not your ****ing mate' but, apart from that, I think we hit it off rather well. :shrug:

In the course of a recent food shopping delivery, the driver called me 'buddy' about ten times.

I remained placid but inside I was screaming.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not my cup of tea, but you can’t deny his / her groundbreaking comedy career.
Like it or not, everyone has a right to be who they want to be, and to be called a c** t for that, is sad.
Football matters shouldn’t come into it.

Groundbreaking comedy? ??? Interesting :)

Probably wouldn’t get a mention on here if he / she / whatever wasn’t a Palace fan from Sussex.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not my cup of tea, but you can’t deny his / her groundbreaking comedy career:

No, not his/her.

Your fellow Palace fan has declared that they are now addressed as a she/her.

Gender is experienced between the ears not between the legs.

If you can’t even grasp that for one of your own, perhaps you need to look in the mirror before coming on here and criticising others.

I suspect the c**t tag was for her football loyalties.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
For me, she's a **** because of her football loyalties. Couldn't care less about the rest, each to their own. But Palace? Shameful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the course of a recent food shopping delivery, the driver called me 'buddy' about ten times.

I remained placid but inside I was screaming.

How many times did he say 'not a problem at all' when asked to do something that is part of his actual job?

The world is full of *****. Death is too good for them.

You have my Christmas Eve sympathies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How many times did he say 'not a problem at all' when asked to do something that is part of his actual job?

The world is full of *****. Death is too good for them.

You have my Christmas Eve sympathies.

:lolol::lolol:
This post has made me laugh out loud, which is more than the Palace ‘comedian’ has made me do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here