Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy Money

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sten_super said:
But, from what I've read so far in this thread, I suspect that Hannibal is right, and there's going to be no persuading you that investing is gambling.

Spot on because it isn't

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
No wonder they're up for sale.

Pipex were once the daddy's of clued-up UK surfers. But sadly those days are behind them now.

The company is barely recognisable from the innovative firm at the forefront of the internet revolution when it first came about.

Real shame, as they were once leaders in their field

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ok I have lost but only as I bought in at the wrong time and this is not gambling it is calculated investment that requires research and balls of steel (at times).

I know you do not agree but so be it, gamble on a nag in haste invest in the stock exchange for reward.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beach Hut said:
Absolutely, beat gubber anytime
So whens the Ocean Finance application going off then ?

btw - I finished about $15 up on the poker over the weekend, taking my balance to $79. Not megabucks by any means, but keeps me ticking over, and I've NEVER had to add to the initial $20 I put in a couple of years back, and have had several withdrawls in that time as well.

Come join us on the tables Mr Hut, you KNOW it makes sense.

;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The £572 I collected from Corals, for a £2 stake, after correctly predicting the 1-0 / McShane scoreline...was that a sound investment?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hans kraay fan club said:
The £572 I collected from Corals, for a £2 stake, after correctly predicting the 1-0 / McShane scoreline...was that a sound investment?

I had 1-0 win. McShane to score first and a draw at half time/win at full time. I couldn't work out how to do an accumulative bet on the net! :( Still £298 from my £8 stake wasn't too bad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually bring it up as a serious point;

The bookies were offering 40-1 or more for McShane to be first scorer, whereas he had actually scored 2 of our previous 3 goals going into the game.

We were on a fairly dismal run, and the only way i could see us scoring, was from a set piece, thus the 40-1 looked very attractive.

this is a clear case of the punter having more knowledge than the odds layer. Of course it was still a long shot, but not nearly as long as they offerd.

Thats the nub, whether its the stock market or the bookies - looking for value.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raphael Meade said:

Meade stop mis-quoting you should know better.

Bozza - a third up on a £3k investment and counting.............

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Beach Hut said:
Meade stop mis-quoting you should know better.

Bozza - a third up on a £3k investment and counting.............

haha.. i was paraphrasing beachy.

just highlighting some choice bits from the last post :)

sorry to hear you didn't make your millions xxxxxxxxxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here