Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand lights/ torches ??

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yeah, and then some people even started singing FFS. Why won't people sit still in total silence?

I go to 40+ games a season and love a good atmosphere, just fail to see how people shining their phone lights is interesting or impressive. Simple pleasures for simple people I guess.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I go to 40+ games a season and love a good atmosphere, just fail to see how people shining their phone lights is interesting or impressive. Simple pleasures for simple people I guess.

It WAS a simple pleasure, as simple as it was random and totally off-the-wall. And FUN for that reason, complete with completely off-the-cuff, genuinely amusing chants. Wouldn't mind betting that at your 40+ games a season, you sit there scowling into your cup of tea, writing obsessive notes in your book of stats and gaining very little ENJOYMENT from your Match Day Experience. Oh well, each to their own :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People look for any excuse to be embarrassed or 'cringed out' nowadays. Was bizzare but I thought it was all good fun, by that point I think most of us were bored as the game was just petering out and it brung some entertainment what with the chants that proceeded it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It WAS a simple pleasure, as simple as it was random and totally off-the-wall. And FUN for that reason, complete with completely off-the-cuff, genuinely amusing chants. Wouldn't mind betting that at your 40+ games a season, you sit there scowling into your cup of tea, writing obsessive notes in your book of stats and gaining very little ENJOYMENT from your Match Day Experience. Oh well, each to their own :shrug:

Indeed, each to their own, from my point of view I fail to see how waving a phone about with a light on it is fun, I prefer witty chants or talking to friends but whatever floats your boat.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Synchronised ringtones on 78 minutes then. Vuvuzelas anyone?
:vuvu:

Actually thats not a bad original idea, can you imagine the cacophony of ringtone noise if everyone started their phones off at the same time? I worry about those that might get embarrassed by it though!!

Think we should try it out for a laugh.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Indeed, each to their own, from my point of view I fail to see how waving a phone about with a light on it is fun, I prefer witty chants or talking to friends but whatever floats your boat.

Yet the waving of the phones bought about some witty chants...
One created the other..... You've got no battery:clap:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bracelets & necklaces......it's the future. Glowtastic.

8-bi-color-glow-bracelet-blue-white-50.jpg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yet the waving of the phones bought about some witty chants...
One created the other..... You've got no battery:clap:

On this occasion, yes. If we did it again and the away team came back we would get crucified. Just not a fan of gloating, we were in the Millers position not so long ago!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On this occasion, yes. If we did it again and the away team came back we would get crucified. Just not a fan of gloating, we were in the Millers position not so long ago!

How on earth was it gloating? Are we not allowed to celebrate any more? Don't clap or cheer as it might be gloating?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"We need more original songs, we're so cringe"
Spontaneous light show creates original songs
"We're so cringe"...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Shame in a way that there aren't phones (AFAIK) where you can have a different colour - a mix of blue and white lights would look great. Maybe an idea for the future for the club, as an alternative to the flags? Not talking the full-on Coldplay wristband technology though!

....Or the club could organise it so that different seats turned their phone torches on and off in sequence so that it looked like a giant Seagull flapping its wings, or a massive hand doing a "Wan**r" gesture to the opposing fans or bench. Or am I being silly.

Agree with whoever said the chants made it worthwhile.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How on earth was it gloating? Are we not allowed to celebrate any more? Don't clap or cheer as it might be gloating?

How on earth was it gloating? Shining lights like it was a pop concert and the game was already over? Not really that complicated is it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In future all mobile phones should be BANNED from the Amex, to put an end to this,quite ridiculous show of flickering lights.
We never did that at the Goldstone, so, why do all these Johnny come lately, think they should get away with it now

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ahem, I think we did have it at the Goldstone but those were olden days without mobiles.

Back then it was smokers lighting up and I remember, as a kid in the West Stand enclosure, seeing all the matches lighting up on the massive east terrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here