Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand lights/ torches ??

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Or lightsabers?

light1_3531135b.jpg

Now we are talking!

I thought it was a bit fun. That the whole seems to have wound up HB&B makes all the more fun. Also it lead to the "You've only got one phone" chant which was funniest one of the night.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
At the recent fans forum and on the annual subject of improving the Amex atmosphere Tony Bloom said the club would do what ever it could to help and he welcomed fans input and suggestions but he felt it was ultimately up to the fans to be spontaneous
The light show last night was surely a case of spontaneity, who ever started it well done !! many of those near my seat in the west upper who never sing at all were joining in phones held high
I saw it as a positive, who knows next those same none singers could be belting out "we've got Knockaert"
Next home game would love to see every phone lite up as the whole stadium welcomes the players the players with GOSBTS

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think it's been quite noticeable this season how much more involved the fans (or large sections of) have been. During the first half last night, there wasn't much going on during the game. A couple of seasons ago, there would have been rumblings of impatience. Last night, people seemed to recognise that the team needed support, and lifted the levels, getting the North/West chant going, loudly, and for ages. The game noticeably picked up after that.

Likewise, the pre-match rendition of GOSBTS before Forest was the loudest I can remember it. Part of that was due to issues with the PA system, because the tune kept dropping out, so people filled in the gaps by belting out the lyrics. But I think people are really getting it now. OK, so there's a split with the lyrics (going up/ stand or fall) but who really cares? I think the Amex could become even more special than it already is if we can keep up the vocal support, and the team can only benefit from that. Right now, it's the best I can remember, barring one-off games like Doncaster etc.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Some people just need to chill the f*ck out. Really? complaining about people having a little fun at football?

you're probably the same cum drops that complain people aren't involved enough. i thought last night was great, especially the chants from West to North for about 5 minutes

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
One phone, you've only got one phone.

You've got no batteries, you've got no batteries.
My son was wetting himself laughing at the chants - don't forget the middle chant as another Rotherham phone lit up - "You've only got two phones!"

Looked quite good as it was nice and dark by then. As someone else said, quite festive! :)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Ok. Next game lets sing you'll never walk along and hold flags up while we sing it. Then the next game lets all dress in black and sing Ultras songs, complete with tinfoil display. Then the game after... Etc etc

If that's what fans decide to do and they enjoy it then why not. You just carry on thinking of something original, those other ideas you mentioned have already been done before so not original :) and leave the fun to others

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Next home game would love to see every phone lite up as the whole stadium welcomes the players the players with GOSBTS

Brentford at home 3pm in bright sunshine, a great idea I'm sure it will have far more of an impact that last night under floodlinghts in the dark.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My son was wetting himself laughing at the chants - don't forget the middle chant as another Rotherham phone lit up - "You've only got two phones!"

Looked quite good as it was nice and dark by then. As someone else said, quite festive! :)

West Upper looked great as it's normally very dark up there.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Think it's been quite noticeable this season how much more involved the fans (or large sections of) have been. During the first half last night, there wasn't much going on during the game. A couple of seasons ago, there would have been rumblings of impatience. Last night, people seemed to recognise that the team needed support, and lifted the levels, getting the North/West chant going, loudly, and for ages. The game noticeably picked up after that.

Credit should go to the half dozen right at the back of the NW corner who kept going on their own forcing the NS to reply and then the whole of that corner got going and this spread into the west stand

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Credit should go to the half dozen right at the back of the NW corner who kept going on their own forcing the NS to reply and then the whole of that corner got going and this spread into the west stand

Yep :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brentford at home 3pm in bright sunshine, a great idea I'm sure it will have far more of an impact that last night under floodlinghts in the dark.

A home game, at 3pm, on a Saturday, you say? Astonishing. I can only assume the Football League and SkySports have made some sort of catastrophic scheduling error.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
West Upper looked great as it's normally very dark up there.

I wish it was! It's probably the one thing I would change about the Amex - having the fans almost as brightly lit as the pitch. Love it at old grounds like Hillsborough and Vicarage Road where you are in the dark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here