Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Sackings this season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will Bowyer be gone if Barnsley win at Blackburn on Saturday ???

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Greg Abbott it is then, thought they would allow him some more time since he has been there for a while.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
happening throughout football at the moment

I for one don't like this set up. I have looked at David Burke's career in football and I can't find out if he in fact ever played the game. He has spent time in previous clubs bringing in youth, so what experience does he have in identifying the needs of the first team? Maybe I have just not been able to find his good career record, who was his best signing for his previous clubs.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
has the guy signing the cheques got any experience ?.......it's the modern way of doing things, players are identified on internet information (not available to us), the days of physically scouting players are coming to and end .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
has the guy signing the cheques got any experience ?.......it's the modern way of doing things, players are identified on internet information (not available to us), the days of physically scouting players are coming to and end .

So in future we won't sack managers for bringing in and having a poor squad, but the internet programme and the director football? Is this the way it goes, because I personally think that is crazy.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Another question on this identifying players by the internet.
Do you think this programme has been used in this transfer window by Crystal Palace to identify their 16 signings, as they have admitted to having a very poor scouting set up.
If you think they did, I will watch their signings with greater interest in the coming months.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Serious question if things go badly this season, who's head will the fans call for Oscar who is not bringing in the current signings or David Burke?

Oscar. If the coach can't get us going, it is his fault. If he can't coach because the players aren't good enough, that is Burke's fault.

The players are good enough. So too is Oscar.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO it is obvious that Oscar is getting through to the players as we have improved from appearing to be a disorganised rabble at the start of the season to a team that looks like they could achieve something, in a very short space of time. This has got to be down to Oscars coaching

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here