Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Sackings this season

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Lomas at Millwall

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Surely Greg Abbott at Carlisle. The issues with the owner allied with Accrington's bad start to the season could put James Beattie in trouble. Pardew at Newcastle I'd mark down as first Premier League manager to go unless Arsenal lose to Fenerbahce in the Champions League. I think Di Canio will be gone by early in the New Year too, although I think he might storm off in a huff rather than be sacked. In the Championship, I think Gary Bowyer at Blackburn and Dave Jones at Sheffield Wednesday might be the first ones to go.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gary Bowyer won't last long at Blackburn unless they climb the table rapidly.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
It's every Saturday at the moment, 1-5 , 0-4, 0-4...the only thing saving him at the moment is the fact we're so skint, haven't got the cash to sack him!!!

I never knew this board had a Carlisle fan on it. I used to dread the long journey up to your ground, but I kinda miss it now :down::drink:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wurzel, Lomas, Coyle, Adkins, Wenger, Lambert

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Maybe wishful thinking but Billy Davies. Forest might be doing alright at the moment but their new owners are ruthless. Plus Davies is an irritating little s**t, and many Forest fans think they have some God given right to be in the Prem.

If not Davies then Dave Jones.

I'd like you to be right on both counts, both totally nauseating and unlikeable.

I'd also add Mowbray and Perason although I think both are fairly decent. In the Prem I'd pick Hughes and maybe even sooner, Pardew

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he was anywhere but Middlesbrough I'd agree with you, but he is a club legend there which always buys extra time, especially as the chairman is also a long time fan of the club.

Mowbray is a top bloke anyway. I wouldn't wish ill luck on him anyway.

Yeah agreed. Steve Gibson the Boro chairman is well known for standing by his managers, Brian Robson and Gareth Southgate being just two.

I can see the likes of Alan Pardew being replaced very soon unless results drastically improve, and unless Nigel Pearson at Leicester and even Owen Coyle at Wigan get their clubs off to a good start, they could soon be set for the chop too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The problem with sacking pardew is that he signed a ten year contract before last season, so that could be too expensive. Unless they can get him out for gross misconduct some how.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The problem with sacking pardew is that he signed a ten year contract before last season, so that could be too expensive. Unless they can get him out for gross misconduct some how.

If he's sacked, they don't pay off his contract though, the tbermination amount is set in his contract, as was stated at the timeI believe. And it was an 8 year contract I think.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Got to be Lomas at Millwall, ex West Ham, only chance he had was to storm the division, dont think its going to happen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wurzel, Lomas, Coyle, Adkins, Wenger, Lambert

With the possible exception of Lomas, I don't see any of those being sacked this season. Wenger? Are you serious?

I do reckon Pardew could go sooner rather than later

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here