Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Must admit it was the easiest ever trip back to Lewes last night, even left a bit later than we usually would after the game but didnt queue at all of the ramp and they were brilliant for a change loading up the Eastbourne train so jumped on and was back in Bexhill by five past 11 including a walk up the hill to the car park behind the police station at Lewes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It looks shite in the stadium and on tv and makes no sense. Up to them but I think it’s a silly thing to do, especially when it’s a tight game. f*** em - glad they missed it, doubt most of them would have enjoyed it like most of those that stay and watch the full game (the suggestion here is they’re not as big a fans as those that stay yes - yes it is…)

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't mind people leaving early. I do mind the ones who go to leave early, then seem amazed the game is continuing and stand blocking people's views and complain when a steward or someone tells them to get out the way

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Not with that tacky Euro tune surely?! The Zap was WAY better than that ;)

If I'd be there last night, I would have missed the goal as always leave on 90 mins to get the train from Falmer to Lewes and then onto home. No biggie, I can live with missing the odd goal in injury time against waiting for ages at the station for a train. Each to their own I say
I Should have said the Paradox! I'm going to lobby the Marketing team to play CJ Bollands the Prophet instead.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why do people give a hoot about whether people decide to leave early?

I used to leave early all the time and, to the best of my knowledge, it made zero impact on the outcome of the game nor on my enjoyment of the football I did sit and watch.

I missed some late drama here and there but so what? We still got the points. I just didn't see us do it :shrug:

Thanks to some wonderfully obnoxious anxiety I don't go at all anymore so unless we're on telly or I can find a stream I miss all of the football. I still love it. And I still relish the 3 points.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because other people have to stand to let them out - yesterday I had a constant dribble of people leaving both before half time and before full time - when you are near the end of a row like I was, and are disabled, have mobility problem, in pain etc as I was, it’s very difficult and exhausting to keep standing up to let people through.
Yeah that's fair enough.

My old seat was end of row and we'd be up and down like yo-yo's on 80 minutes (if I was still there on 80mins) so I get the frustration.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can’t see anything after a quick scan over NSC

But I hope you enjoyed the game last night!!! How many of you think it ended 0-0

Personally I can never understand leaving early but each to their own.
Whenever I'm forced to leave early I always want Albion to score.

Because the success of my team is the truly important bit - not whether I'm there to witness it. We're in this together, right?

You, meanwhile, are hating on fellow Seagulls, laughing at anyone who missed last night's glorious ending.

I think we know who the **** is here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would you leave 10 minutes before the end of a movie or a play?
Mrs Bobkin and I left at half time of a 'comedy opera' because it was SHITEHOUSE.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listen, I'm the greatest superfan there's ever been.

I know every verse of Sussex by the Sea. I've never missed one second of a football match, in fact i watch the whole pre-match warm up and keep a detailed log of which players are trying the hardest. I read the programme front to back, then back to front again.

It beggars belief that other people can enjoy the game without these important details. How anyone thinks they're a proper fan without keeping a warm up log is beyond me :shrug:
There was me thinking I was the only one 😉

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Because the success of my team is the truly important bit - not whether I'm there to witness it. We're in this together, right?

You, meanwhile, are hating on fellow Seagulls, laughing at anyone who missed last night's glorious ending.

Oh dear someone’s stressed

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
To me, the more people who filter out early - the easier the queues are for the full time/clapper leavers.

Reactions: cjd

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

When are you 'forced' to leave early ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can’t see anything after a quick scan over NSC

But I hope you enjoyed the game last night!!! How many of you think it ended 0-0

Personally I can never understand leaving early but each to their own.
I thought you'd be out earlier at Wembley recently, seeing you were in the posh seats and us up in the clouds.
Buf you did catch up with us in the trudge to tube station.
My Mrs has now got a chest infection from some dirty sweaty oik that was coughing their guts up on the tube back home

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
As I say time and time again.......imagine you're in the cinema crunching your pop corn, a
watching the ending of a tense thriller (like last night), but you opt to leave before you get the climatic end of the movie......in the process you decide to block the view of other cinema goers...............muppets !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here