Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Early leavers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mrs H asked this when we were watching on holiday on Thursday.

Why do people pay full price for a ticket and then leave before the end?, she used the analogy of a West End musical.

You wouldn’t leave 10 minutes before the end of Les Mis, or Mamma Mia, so why is the Albion any different?

Quite an rational argument from someone who freely admits the Albion is not really her thing, but on the dozen or so times she has attended in over 30 years of marriage she’s always heard the final whistle.
I would bet a lot more people leave west end musicals earlier if there was one railway station serving it which it might take you an hour longer to get away from

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do people pay full price for a ticket and then leave before the end?, she used the analogy of a West End musical.

You wouldn’t leave 10 minutes before the end of Les Mis, or Mamma Mia, so why is the Albion any different?
….unless

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Can’t see anything after a quick scan over NSC

But I hope you enjoyed the game last night!!! How many of you think it ended 0-0

Personally I can never understand leaving early but each to their own.
Waiting for a couple of friends outside at FT that were in different stands I heard a couple of ppl say they left early, heardwe had a penalty then rushed back in! I thought there was no re-admission?

Apr 19, 2011
Horsham
My dads group of mates leave 88-90 as as routine did so again as we stay til the whistle. I’m a bit smug. Although I do leave bang on the whistle for the second wave of park and ride buses otherwise it’s a good hours wait and I won’t be home til the AM.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mrs H asked this when we were watching on holiday on Thursday.

Quite an rational argument from someone who freely admits the Albion is not really her thing, but on the dozen or so times she has attended in over 30 years of marriage she’s always heard the final whistle.
Personally I'd leave 10 minutes before the start

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I have one mate who sometimes leaves before the end, but he is a classic over-thinker with a dash of anxiety thrown in. Instead of concentrating on what is happening before his eyes he's thinking about the queue for the train, or the vital importance of getting home before his wife goes to bed. There's no telling him to relax and let things unfold, and I think there are a lot of people out there like it. It's a bit like OCD.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I have one mate who sometimes leaves before the end, but he is a classic over-thinker with a dash of anxiety thrown in. Instead of concentrating on what is happening before his eyes he's thinking about the queue for the train, or the vital importance of getting home before his wife goes to bed. There's no telling him to relax and let things unfold, and I think there are a lot of people out there like it. It's a bit like OCD.
Don’t forget all those who sit there worrying that they may have to start a post about all the other people who may feel the need to leave early ….

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
On Thursday I was thinking of leaving before the final whistle just to try and get on the first round of P&R buses for Mill Road, which would probably have meant I got home by about 11.30 rather than 12.20 - and I already felt knackered.

that idea was put on hold when I was trying to work out whether he had blown for full time, and what weren’t the players moving off the pitch. Then the VAR thing went up.

Glad I didn’t leave early, but it’s a 60+ mile journey home which does it. If I go to a movie or a play, it’s likely to be nearer to home.
Exactly in 60 miles you can make up for the 15 min late KO I know we did normally 2:30 home and we done it in 2:20

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I love early leavers, if we all left at the same time we’d all be getting home a lot later.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably a shorter thread to list those who didn’t

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought that leaving on 75 mins was poor form. The team need us at times like that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's a free country, but I just can't understand it. As a comparison, I have seen people stand up and leave the cinema 20 mins into a film as they realise it's not their cup of tea, but never 5 mins before the end..!
If I'd seen the same film about 500 times over 30 years, I'd consider leaving early to beat the queue for the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here