E-cash discount

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So basically if you are a silver member with 1250 loyalty points on a category C game who arrives in a 90min window of KO sits in an even numbered seat and uses your e-cash you get 15p off your burger

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I gave up using my smart card some time ago. Too many **** ups make me feel uncomfortable using it. I simply don't trust them to put the right amount through and if they do make a mistake you're stuck for 10-15 mins whilst they work out how to resolve it.

You don't need to be paying with the smart card, to gain the smart card credits. What I do is pay with cash, but always put my card on the reader. It still credits the 10%. When it's up to enough to buy something, spend it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't need to be paying with the smart card, to gain the smart card credits. What I do is pay with cash, but always put my card on the reader. It still credits the 10%. When it's up to enough to buy something, spend it.

Oh, I see. I presumed you need to use the card to get the discount. I will remember this. Danke.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I gave up using my smart card some time ago. Too many **** ups make me feel uncomfortable using it. I simply don't trust them to put the right amount through and if they do make a mistake you're stuck for 10-15 mins whilst they work out how to resolve it.

Same here, they knocked me for a score with auto-topup - took me ages to get it sorted.
Even then the balance on my card still doesn't seem to add up.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
ok, so as I would have been most likely to buy a pie / pint / kids meal either directly before game or half time, and the 10% cash back was an small incentive as I think prices are a little high for that provided, I now probably wont bother to do so or queue up and miss a few mins of game, no problem, my pleasure entirely.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Also, I don't know how it stands with the Government's stated aims of cutting binge drinking ??? Getting to the ground early and getting pissed are being incentivised, and will no doubt lead to more alcohol-related public order offences in the ground. What are people going to be like in the ground with 3+ pints in them ???

:lolol: 3 pints? .... Maybe more vocal. Seeaaaggguuuuullllllssssssss.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In my experience, if you've been enjoying the pre-match discounts, had a pint at half-time, AND you're still in the stadium 90 minutes after the final whistle, you've long since lost the ability to make sophisticated purchase decisions based on whether or not you're going to save 35 pence.

That is also my general experience.

I really don't know whether I'm coming or going watching the Albion these days. Talk about a faff but then that's modern life in general and all because its saves "us" money (rather than make "them" more profit!)

The amount of time you have to invest (key word) understanding what you have to do in order to get x y z...it's not a case of life is short, more it's getting shorter because of this shit! In a nutshell, imagine if going to the pub was this complicated?! You just wouldn't go. Anyone wanting to swap seats, to take a friend, whos not been before, and take advantage of cheapest rates, for an away game...and then chuck fact they not able bodied perhaps into the equation, well, you'll understand the volume of work required. Ow, and that's for 90mins of football which often turns out to be crap and expensive!!

Why? Why do we do it?!! I've often said there should be social support services available to footy fans wanting to ween themselves off a drug more addictive than some in class a! :) We must be nuts! Roll on Derby though, can't wait!!

Quality rant - my thoughts entirely on so many things these days. I remember when you could decide to go to a game a couple of hours before ko, park in Neville Avenue, pay on the gate and still have change from 10/-.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quality rant - my thoughts entirely on so many things these days. I remember when you could decide to go to a game a couple of hours before ko, park in Neville Avenue, pay on the gate and still have change from 10/-.

Thank you. Yes, the game and stadia may have improved (we're still able to turn in plenty of shocking performances mind when we want to!) but in the category of deciding to go relatively late / gaining entry to the ground / as a group of friends....that part of the "matchday experience" is on a par with hosting a conference at the Pentagon under the name of Sergei Terrorski i.e. very hard to pull-off! Pentagon's slightly cheaper I believe :amex:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only way they get me to drink the piss served up is by offering the 10% cashback.

Forthwith I will be drinking elsewhere.

And what would you say isn't "Piss"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Isn't going to watch a bloody football match just getting a little bit complicated these days?

Yep and it sure is starting to put me off seriously.

I really don't know whether I'm coming or going watching the Albion these days.

Good grief!

You go to the bar, you buy a pint. If you want to, you put your card on the reader. The system will give you a little cashback rebate, the value of which might change dependant on the time. The end.

How has what is required OF YOU become any more complicated?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hkfc missing the point entirely as usual.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Too much clock watching and penny counting for me.
If I'm thirsty I'll get a pint.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Sneaky way of putting half time prices up 10%

This is correct- actually a little more than 10%. It seems that someone has had a look at the queues at half time- which are disgracefully long- and decided that this means that prices are too low- demand exceeding supply. It's a pity they couldn't just look to improve their systems/efficiency and make it possible to buy a drink at half time AND have time to drink it. This would be a better way of increasing revenue without having to screw over the core supporters with price increases. It is also taking advantage of a captive audience.

Disappointed with the club on this one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Judging by the letter that came with the new wallet today you will no longer get 10% cash back from all merchandise purchases, kept that one quiet, glad a have my shirt already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports