Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-cash discount

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I really don't know whether I'm coming or going watching the Albion these days. Talk about a faff but then that's modern life in general and all because its saves "us" money (rather than make "them" more profit!)

The amount of time you have to invest (key word) understanding what you have to do in order to get x y z...it's not a case of life is short, more it's getting shorter because of this shit! In a nutshell, imagine if going to the pub was this complicated?! You just wouldn't go. Anyone wanting to swap seats, to take a friend, whos not been before, and take advantage of cheapest rates, for an away game...and then chuck fact they not able bodied perhaps into the equation, well, you'll understand the volume of work required. Ow, and that's for 90mins of football which often turns out to be crap and expensive!!

Why? Why do we do it?!! I've often said there should be social support services available to footy fans wanting to ween themselves off a drug more addictive than some in class a! :) We must be nuts! Roll on Derby though, can't wait!!

Also, I don't know how it stands with the Government's stated aims of cutting binge drinking ??? Getting to the ground early and getting pissed are being incentivised, and will no doubt lead to more alcohol-related public order offences in the ground. What are people going to be like in the ground with 3+ pints in them ???

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Seems reasonable enough but not sure reducing it just after the game is a good idea. Should at least be 10% straight after the game then increase if you stay longer.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Unless they have changed how the system works, they need to be careful with use of the term DISCOUNT.

The existing system (excuse my made up prices) is that if a pint is £4, you would need £4 (in whatever form) to buy it, and then if you've swiped your card, you'd recieve a 40p credit once the transaction was made. If you arrived at the till with £3.60 on your card you would NOT be able to buy a £4 product with it. Ergo, NOT a discount.

Been caught out with this many a time with my auto top up. I never carry cash with me when I go to a home game unless I have plans to go straight out after.

But I'm one of the few people who get there early when the doors open so I shall buy my 5 pints when I get there and drink them up until 14.45. I shall be quids in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been caught out with this many a time with my auto top up. I never carry cash with me when I go to a home game unless I have plans to go straight out after.

But I'm one of the few people who get there early when the doors open so I shall buy my 5 pints when I get there and drink them up until 14.45. I shall be quids in.

I gave up using my smart card some time ago. Too many **** ups make me feel uncomfortable using it. I simply don't trust them to put the right amount through and if they do make a mistake you're stuck for 10-15 mins whilst they work out how to resolve it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The whole process of supporting the Albion is becoming complicated.

Barber seems OBSESSED with multiple layers and levels. Different levels of club membership, different levels of smartcard discount. I predict it will end in tiers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In general I have found that the more complicated a scheme the more likely it is to FU. This has got cluster written all over it.

Amen to this. When it does we revert to being hooligans rather than customers or clients mind. Important to remember this. Same applies to any stewarding matters! ;)

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Whilst the cash-back wasn't a huge saving it was a nice touch and did make buying food/drink a bit easier in theory and with auto-top you never got caught short, especially if you ended up buying a couple of pints and pies. However, as I said in another thread today, it just feels as though the club are managing to make decisions (and often decisions which are taking things back that they have previously offered to 'loyal' fans) that reduce the goodwill that is felt towards the club.

Having said that, I do suspect that some of the decisions that are being taken now are a result of what had to be said at the public inquiries about transport issues to get the stadium built in the first place and what are now considered 'poor' management/operational decisions that were being made in the run up to our first season at the Amex?

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
E-cash Discounts 2013/2014

Gate open - 90 minutes before KO 15%

90 minutes before KO - 30 minutes before KO 10%

30 minutes before KO - KO 5%

Half Time 0%

Full Time + 30 minutes 5%

Full Time + 60 minutes 10%

Full Time +90 minutes 15%

Only use mine at half time most games
No incentive to top the card up now
Many won't bother if they only use the card at half time meaning longer queues surely ??

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
E-cash Discounts 2013/2014

Gate open - 90 minutes before KO 15%

90 minutes before KO - 30 minutes before KO 10%

30 minutes before KO - KO 5%

Half Time 0%

Full Time + 30 minutes 5%

Full Time + 60 minutes 10%

Full Time +90 minutes 15%

Passengers of drivers in the P&R sites, will never get this 15% after full time, as the buses to the sites finish 90 minutes after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here