Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-cash discount

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
Seems strange to me to cut the after match discount from 10% to 5% that will encourage more people not to stay which defeats the object

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
E-cash Discounts 2013/2014

Gate open - 90 minutes before KO 15%

90 minutes before KO - 30 minutes before KO 10%

30 minutes before KO - KO 5%

Half Time 0%

Full Time + 30 minutes 5%

Full Time + 60 minutes 10%

Full Time +90 minutes 15%

Does that mean...

FT +0-30 5%
FT +30-60 10%
FT +60-90 15%
FT +90+ - go home...?

OR

FT +0-30 0%
FT +30-60 5%
FT +60-90 10%
FT +90+ 15%

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hope the service is quicker or there may be a few moans from people who joined a queue in plenty of time for the bigger cash back but don't get to the front before the lesser rate kicks in.

Not that the difference is anything to get upset about. But you just know some people will.

I guess the message is the club want people at the ground spending money rather than drinking elsewhere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems strange to me to cut the after match discount from 10% to 5% that will encourage more people not to stay which defeats the object

Really? REALLY? 5% of £3.90 is 18.5p. Name me ANYTHING you can buy for that? If there's folly in this scheme it'll be that the caterers will almost certainly **** up the calculations and it'll cost the club more to put right than they save on cash back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hope the service is quicker or there may be a few moans from people who joined a queue in plenty of time for the bigger cash back but don't get to the front before the lesser rate kicks in.

Only BEFORE the game. Slow queues AFTER the game would SAVE you money!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gives the club wriggling room to have special deals flashed on the big screen giving a larger discount for post match food and drink ?

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
I feel that there is definitely a future with this proposed app......order from your seat, have a time frame in which to collect and then all subsidies/discounts/refunds/deals/coupons/groupons (sorry!) can be manged at source from the order preventing any misunderstandings/disagreements. I would also hope and expect the service to improve in such a scheme.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

In my experience, if you've been enjoying the pre-match discounts, had a pint at half-time, AND you're still in the stadium 90 minutes after the final whistle, you've long since lost the ability to make sophisticated purchase decisions based on whether or not you're going to save 35 pence.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
When the pie and pepsi deal was £5, it was so useful because after 7 times, I could get a free pie, which I would usually have. So it is alright the 10% back, shame the prices went up.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What about when using the club shop on non match days?

The entire point was to encourage people to use cards and therefore speed up service on busy match days. By making the incentive now less, will people actually bother going to the trouble of charging their card up etc if they know they're only going to be buying food etc at half time or just before kick off (i.e most people)? More cash and debut card use = longer queues.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really don't know whether I'm coming or going watching the Albion these days. Talk about a faff but then that's modern life in general and all because its saves "us" money (rather than make "them" more profit!)

The amount of time you have to invest (key word) understanding what you have to do in order to get x y z...it's not a case of life is short, more it's getting shorter because of this shit! In a nutshell, imagine if going to the pub was this complicated?! You just wouldn't go. Anyone wanting to swap seats, to take a friend, whos not been before, and take advantage of cheapest rates, for an away game...and then chuck fact they not able bodied perhaps into the equation, well, you'll understand the volume of work required. Ow, and that's for 90mins of football which often turns out to be crap and expensive!!

Why? Why do we do it?!! I've often said there should be social support services available to footy fans wanting to ween themselves off a drug more addictive than some in class a! :) We must be nuts! Roll on Derby though, can't wait!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here