Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk’s return:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Dunk gets his shirt back immediately when available for me. Club captain and needs game time to get up to speed. He’s part of our best 11.

Dunk, Webster and Burn as a back 3 with Cucu and Lamptey wingbacks. Sounds delicious!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Dunk gets his shirt back immediately when available for me. Club captain and needs game time to get up to speed. He’s part of our best 11.

Dunk, Webster and Burn as a back 3 with Cucu and Lamptey wingbacks. Sounds delicious!

Won't work for Tariq

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking this throughout the game. However I also spent long periods of time seriously considering whether Dan Burn is now better than Lewis Dunk. I can't say I came up with a definitive answer.

Dan Burn has been excellent of late, but I worry we’re taking Lewis Dunk for granted a little here. He’s England’s 3rd best CB. (Arguably 2nd).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Webster and Burn were astonishingly good tonight.

2 at the back is probably now working better for us than 3 at the back.

A near impossible decision to make when Dunky returns

The positive is that there's no need to rush him

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Dan Burn has been excellent of late, but I worry we’re taking Lewis Dunk for granted a little here. He’s England’s 3rd best CB. (Arguably 2nd).

I could also argue that Webby and Burn are the ones ahead of him after tonight's performance

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Great position to be in. As others have said, no need to rush him back although I reckon he’ll get some minutes in the Cup game. I hope that Caicedo also gets some game time in that one too. We have some real midfield options when Biss and Mwepu are back and available.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Veltman is dropped and Dunk plays Centre of a 3 of Webster Dunk Burn. Amazing position to be in, not shitting our pants on Dunks return.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely to see the little reminder of how it was with Dunk, as we played ourselves into trouble, in the last 5 minutes.

"Oh yeah that's why a few people booed".

:jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's not a thing Lewis does better than Dan has in the last few games

Dan Burn has been really excellent, but that statement’s simply untrue. Dunk is better in the air, calmer, and a far better passer of the ball.

That’s not in the slightest any criticism of Burn, who is playing better than I ever though he could - Lewis Dunk is just a different level.

As others have said though, fantastic that the form of others means there is no need at all to rush him back. Great situation to be in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He'll be back in due to an injury or resting someone pretty soon, no need to drop anyone.

This.

GP is clearly very good at squad rotation and resting players when required.

He also has the luxury now of some really good strength in depth. As evidenced by how well we've played with 'key' players missing in recent months.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunk is a Brighton legend.

But isn’t it amazing that he needs to work his ****ing ass off to get back in the team. What an amazing group of players we have? Burn has done so much to show Potter he should keep the shirt.

I’d not let Dunk have a sniff until he proves he back to 100% fitness (not even 99% fitness) and is smashing it in training.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Dan Burn has been really excellent, but that statement’s simply untrue. Dunk is better in the air, calmer, and a far better passer of the ball.

That’s not in the slightest any criticism of Burn, who is playing better than I ever though he could - Lewis Dunk is just a different level.

As others have said though, fantastic that the form of others means there is no need at all to rush him back. Great situation to be in.

We disagree. Lewis is better in the air, agreed. But I'd say this current BDB is as strong (at least), probably quicker, more comfortable on the ball & less prone to a mistake. It's a good selection problem & debate to have

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Dunky, may get some minutes as a sub if we go 3 goals clear on the Foxes
He will get a start [if fit] in the next game Vs Spuds [FA Cup] on 5th Feb - if he plays a blinder, he might get the shirt Vs Watford
For now, the way BDB & Webbo are playing, would be harsh to break that partnership if injury or suspension don't force the decision.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I know a Chelsea supporter in Chicago that was thinking I'd rather be Dunked than Burned.

Less damage to the body. Burns are more difficult to recover from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here