Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunks chest back to Sanchez

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not even worth showing on MOTD - obviously stuff like that must be everyday meat and drink to Southgate's England heroes - Mings and Maguire do it in their sleep, don't they! No need to go looking at Brighton ("How close to the bottom are they?")

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
To do that in the context of the match as well, we were slightly under the kosh at that point. Only 1 goal lead. Scary to imagine how that could go wrong. Incredible composure and awareness.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Demonstrates the absolute trust he clearly has in Sanchez as a keeper IMHO that he knew exactly where he would be

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The chest pass was the mark of a man at the top of his game. It is criminal he is not in the England squad, he has been a top Prem defender for 4 seasons.

If Southgate had been watching, you just know that Dunky would have found the corner of the net:laugh:

Not that Southgate would ever risk entering the hinterlands south of Purley....

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Demonstrates the absolute trust he clearly has in Sanchez as a keeper IMHO that he knew exactly where he would be

Lets be honest, he's wearing a hi-vis orange shirt so a bit hard to miss!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
DUNK1.gif

Having watched that loop over and over for several hours, I just love how the Leeds attacker starts his run and then simply deflates on watching Dunk’s master class.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Having watched that loop over and over for several hours, I just love how the Leeds attacker starts his run and then simply deflates on watching Dunk’s master class.

And notice Sanchez doesn’t have to move and it’s even dropping right into his hands at the end with no pace - a child would have caught it - sublime.

Ps Tyrone Mings would’ve done it slightly better - chested it and then spat his annoying chewing gum out, and volleyed it in the air and caught the gum again in this mouth. Sorry, but true.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If there's a better CB plying their trade in British football than Dunk then in all honesty I've not seen them play, one exquisite chest back to the keeper doesn't make Dunk a brilliant player but it adds to his ever increasing talent and maturity as a player , If Southgate can't see what's obvious to us then he shouldn't be in the job , simple as that .

A England squad without Dunk included in it would be in my opinion a absolute travesty , not just for Dunk but England as a team .

I wouldn't swap Dunk for any other CB in the Premier League, and if I supported another club I'd want my owner to try and buy him .

It's ludicrous there's even a conversation about Dunk not being a England player , he deserves it because he's the best there is .

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It is one of those moments that will go down in Dunky folklore, a bit like his goal against Liverpool from the free kick. He makes it look so easy and obvious but pinpoint accuracy required and a spatial understanding of where all the other players are.

As others have said, the telepathy between Sanchez and the defence is at times mesmerising. Some of the back passes, passing across and towards our own goal are at times frightening and exhillarating. Seeing the opposition with "What The ****" expressions on their faces has been a joy to watch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yes, BUT, remember they once did a little light warm-up training exercise, where Marcus Rashford just happened to momentarily get the better of Lewis.

So OF COURSE he’s never ever ever ever EVER going to be considered for England again, not even if becomes the greatest player the world has ever seen.

It’s career over, and Southgate is going to pick Mings forever - even if he has two broken legs and hasn’t played a game for 18 months, he’ll be the first name on the team sheet, along with Dier and Maguire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If there's a better CB plying their trade in British football than Dunk then in all honesty I've not seen them play, one exquisite chest back to the keeper doesn't make Dunk a brilliant player but it adds to his ever increasing talent and maturity as a player , If Southgate can't see what's obvious to us then he shouldn't be in the job , simple as that .

A England squad without Dunk included in it would be in my opinion a absolute travesty , not just for Dunk but England as a team .

I wouldn't swap Dunk for any other CB in the Premier League, and if I supported another club I'd want my owner to try and buy him .

It's ludicrous there's even a conversation about Dunk not being a England player , he deserves it because he's the best there is .

Whats that saying i am looking for.....

......found it.......Nail on head..:clap2:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yes, BUT, remember they once did a little light warm-up training exercise, where Marcus Rashford just happened to momentarily get the better of Lewis.

So OF COURSE he’s never ever ever ever EVER going to be considered for England again, not even if becomes the greatest player the world has ever seen.

It’s career over, and Southgate is going to pick Mings forever - even if he has two broken legs and hasn’t played a game for 18 months, he’ll be the first name on the team sheet, along with Dier and Maguire.

Mings is the best touchline finder in the Prem. If only Southgate could play Maro Itoje and Alun Wyn Jones in midfield England would never lose possession.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bizarre that people can watch a clip as sublime as this and their first thought is 'I better slag off Maty Ryan'.

It IS a valid point, for I don't believe for a moment Dunk would have done that had Ryan been in goal - so we would never have seen that remarkably assured bit of defending. For me it was a perfect illustration of the cast iron trust and confidence that has been forged between centre back and keeper over the past few months.

And besides, Maty LOVES a bit of 'bantz' and sledging...we all know that. Otherwise, why would he have congratulated Martinez for keeping a clean sheet for Villa vs. Albion? Or why else would he have taken the piss when Sanchez fumbled a last minute corner vs. Leicester that resulted in their winner? Or refer to Brighton as simply a 'stepping stone' to bigger and better things? Yeah, like I say, Ryan loves dishing it out on Twitter. Mind you, now he spends most of his time siting on the bench he’s got the time, I suppose. Easy to say afterwards it has been taken out of context but too many times now for it to have been anything other than an agenda.

Class when he was with us. After he got dropped and shipped out? Not so much. I don't mind him dishing it out but the other side of that particular coin is that sometimes he can have it back too. Still, given the remarkable number of clean sheets we've kept since he went to warm the bench at Arsenal we probably won't be hearing much more from him anyway.

Anyway, don't want to detract from that sublime bit of skill, as you say. A great result, topped off by two amazing pieces of skill in each penalty box.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Lol, I think you mean british centre backs.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I saw Mings defensive masterclass yesterday.
He managed to get in front of DCL's header on the line, only to divert it and himself into the net.

England standard performance in front of the manager.
Booked himself on the plane with that one.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some wag has pointed out that if dunk did that playing for England then it would be an own goal because Pickford would not catch it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s almost like Southgate just looks at the league table and thinks nah.

I’m shocked that the England manager has never attended the Amex since he’s had the job, maybe he’s a nervous driver?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here