Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seen this on here a few times and fair enough but is he really ?

Surely you don't play 150 premier league games if you are that bad.
Ask Wes Brown.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Seen this on here a few times and fair enough but is he really ?

Surely you don't play 150 premier league games if you are that bad.

Dropping down to championship surely he would be decent. Surely

The way I see it is we are selling a 23 year old who is easily one of our best players and could play in the Premiership quite comfortably (in my opinion) for a 30 year old who is deemed surplus to requirements from a side who avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth. As we have seen with other signings, a team's overall performance isn't necessarily related to an individual, however whenever I've seen Williamson play he has looked out of his depth. Perhaps you are right in that he would be decent at Championship level, however it seems quite short sighted unless we are going to reinvest the money we receive into the squad, which quite frankly we haven't had a great record of doing in the past (Ulloa, Bridcutt, Buckley) fees.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree with you, I think Williamson would be a decent defender in the Championship.

I would be happy to have him as one of our 3 experienced centre halfs.

I also agree. If Williamson had played 150 games in La Liga or Bundesliga for a team that had just been relegated, we'd be ******* ourselves silly over him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Story is up on the DM site now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...change-deal-Brighton-defender-Lewis-Dunk.html

With one comment:

TNinfiniti, newcastle, United Kingdom, 7 minutes ago
Just pay them 10million to take MW off our hands.....A Drunk for some old Junk seems a 10mil bargain

??? :lol:

For what it's worth, if Newcastle do come in with a bid, I'd tell them to shove Williamson and make it £6 million with a 30% sell-on clause, international appearance clause, club appearances clause etc to get the deal done. We're under no pressure to sell unless Dunk tells us he wants to leave, so if he's going to leave we should milk it for all we can (then finally bring in Marshall and Murphy).

Last edited:

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Just had a text from my Geordie mate. "We will be top ten with that useless **** gone"

He is bad, he cost them so many points last season it was unbelievable he still got in the squad. Until he decided to get himself a 6 match ban.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Text from my Geordie contact with a slightly better deal: "I'd be surprised; we've got Lascelles and Mbemba (on the way in - 4 birthdays ranging from '88 to '94) already as young centre backs. But apparently we've 'tracked' Dunk for a while. Yous should take Williamson, Gouffran & Obertan in return. All shite but would do a good job in the championship."

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Can't we sell Dunk for say £6million and have him on loan for the rest of the season, they can keep Williamson, he's utter gash.

For those saying he's played however many Premier League games, Titus Bramble played nearly 300 games in the Premier League and I wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a Brighton team either.

Presumably Newcastle would offer some sort of lump sum to him as compensation for the rest of his contract?
He's out of contract at the end of the season so they'd no doubt come to an agreement on the remainder of the contract. If Williamson moves now he knows he's got a 2 or 3 year deal sorted plus whatever compensation and doesn't have to compete with loads of other out of contract players come next summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would it not be better just to add that to our fee, so we can spend it as we choose ? ???

In an ideal world, yes, but if the world new we had pumped 5 or 6 million out of Newcastle, the price of anyone we wanted to buy would sky-rocket.
There is a certain logic to taking Williamson as a make-weight in the deal - we do at least have a temporary replacement third choice CB until hopefully one or two of our youngsters are ready to step up. This is the bloke who Carver accused of getting himself sent off deliberately though, so possibly a question mark over his attitude. Wouldn't be too happy with the deal, but it might be the best we can get.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wes Brown with 7 league titles , 2 FA Cups , 3 league cups , 4 Charity shields , 2 champions leagues , PFA team of the year (voted by players) + 23 England caps.

Yes sounds awful , would never cut it at Rotherham on a wet Tuesday

Doing a lot of owning mate :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I also agree. If Williamson had played 150 games in La Liga or Bundesliga for a team that had just been relegated, we'd be ******* ourselves silly over him.
And the same would be true over Williamson if no one had seen him play.

It's obviously a bit uninspiring, but if Dunk goes (to whomever) we need more cover for Uwe and Greer, and I imagine he's a reasonable option. I imagine wages would be a problem though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here