Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sorry. How is a newspaper article on a Milton Keynes website reporting a 5 million bid any different to the mirror reporting it yesterday?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm sorry. How is a newspaper article on a Milton Keynes website reporting a 5 million bid any different to the mirror reporting it yesterday?

I think Fulham leak their bids.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But even the article you'd linked only says reportedly. I'd say they're just picking that up from the articles that appeared yesterday. Can't see any new info there

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think Fulham leak their bids.

ok then.

A decent source suggested to me that the story that Fulham had offered £5m was "absolute bollocks". That's not to say...

1. They've offered something close to £5m.
2. They might offer £5m in the future.

Who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't just say "we should double his wages" at this point, as that could well break the wage structure and store problems for the future.

Ultimately none of us really know why he hasn't played in the last 2 games. It could be because he's sulking, it could be because his head isn't right so Hughton has taken the decision for him not to start. We really don't know.

All I'll say is that for some reason, personally I do actually trust the club to handle this situation properly and what is happening doesn't appear detrimental to performances on the pitch. Hünemeier seems like a fantastic acquisition, arguably the most important signing yet. It's almost as if the club were planning in case this situation ever arose.

Re your last point - if so, it seems strange that Naylor reported Hunemeier has come in as replacement for Hughes. An odd line, so odd you wonder whether it was fed direct from the club.

I agree that the wage structure has to be maintained, albeit with a little flexibility, i.e. higher wages for contracts of short duration like Zamora or special loanees like Darren Bent.

As for Dunk, if you'd have asked any Albion fan where they thought he'd be going I guarantee not one person would have said to a club in the Championship 10-1 for promotion and firmly in mid-table with the bookies.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
ld.JPG

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The german trebled his wages coming here,bobby will still be on a fair whack but a lot less than the 80 grand he was on,and after those 2 signings,i would suggest our wage structure was broken,dunk hopfully be offered a decent wedge to stay

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As an agent I would recommend Dunk to turn down the Fulham offer in a footballing sense (too alike to Hutchinson) and wait. From the Albion point of view, I would tend not match Fulham's offer with an increase in wages. (I think I might have done with Buckley to Sunderland as we did not have replacement?). I can see why Fulham want another central defender though.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Removed..it's been posted on the other Dunk thread - palace rumour

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very naive to think that. He's half way through his career, has a young family. If he could double his wages, do you really think he'd turn it down because we 'might' get promoted ?

Naive eh?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naive eh?

He's forced us into giving him a new contract, presumably with wages close to what Fulham were offering. I'd say he / his agent have played this very well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's forced us into giving him a new contract, presumably with wages close to what Fulham were offering. I'd say he / his agent have played this very well

I disagree. The agent would have earned more with a fee from a £6 mill transfer than a renegotiated contract. The club were in a strong position having signed Hunemeier and Goldson too, and flexed their muscles by fining Dunk 2 weeks wages. I'm in no doubt he would have earned more at Fulham because they have parachute money. This deal for Lewis is not just about the money.

Hopefully, like when Calderon flirted with Southampton, all will soon be forgotten and he will go on to be a club legend.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I disagree. The agent would have earned more with a fee from a £6 mill transfer than a renegotiated contract. The club were in a strong position having signed Hunemeier and Goldson too, and flexed their muscles by fining Dunk 2 weeks wages. I'm in no doubt he would have earned more at Fulham because they have parachute money, this one is not just about the money.

Hopefully, like when Calderon flirted with Southampton, all will soon be forgotten and he will go on to be a club legend.

You don't think Lewis got a massive signing on fee for a new contract ?

Either way all speculation as neither of us will have any idea of what happened, the terms etc. So pointless us speculating despite whatever we want to think happened

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You don't think Lewis got a massive signing on fee for a new contract ?

Either way all speculation as neither of us will have any idea of what happened, the terms etc. So pointless us speculating despite whatever we want to think happened

Yes I do but whatever the detail I don't believe we can compete with Fulham on wages because we aren't getting £50 million over 4 years like they are.

What we've seen here is some serious hardball negotiating from both sides, and a good outcome for both parties. Credit too goes to Gordon Greer for keeping the ship on course whilst all this has been going on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I fear the answer is....... Egg on you face �� ��..... ��

Great news from the club...I can cope with said egg on face. It won't be the first time.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here