Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Was Williamson not a regular for Newcastle when they were hovering around 7th in the Premier League a couple of seasons ago?

Yeah, definitely not good enough for us then....

Away with yer! You and your reality check, trying to bring in another perspective to spoil the binfest and challenge our sense of entitlement. Someone's Geordie mate and the NSC Brains Trust have spoken, the guy is dogshite, let that be enough.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Apart from the fact that Newcastle is a really good town, I'm sure that getting paid 20-30k a week and playing Premier League football in front of 50 000 home fans would be attractive to any player from any part of England.

Fabulous city plus some of England's most beautiful countryside on your doorstep and the small matter of quadrupling your wages........... Nope. Can't see the attraction at all

Anyway, Naylor says it's not a goer so that's that :lolol:

albionite

May 20, 2009
If Newcastle come in for him and he wants to go so be it.
As long as we don't sell to Fulham. Their fans are still confident he wants to go to them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because if we don't take Williamson, and sell Dunk before getting a replacement in, we'll be left with two senior CBs.
If we try to buy then we will be vulnerable to being held to ransom, the scenario will go something like this:
1).You want to buy one of our CBs for £X?
2).You've just taken a huge sum off Newcastle, so double your offer.
3).Actually, we're not that keen to sell, so stick another £half million on your offer.
4).It's the 27th. August and Greer's just turned his ankle, so now you're desperate - add another million.
Nah. We can get a CB in on loan if need be. If Williamson is good enough, fine, but if not, don't waste money. Clubs selling will want the money. If they don't need/want to sell, or if the player doesn't want to join us, it's going to be expensive anyway. If they do want to sell/the player wants to join us, then the going rate should do.

Strikers is another matter.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Serious question, do you really think Dunk would want to move to Newcastle? He's already said its not just about the money for him and he loves Brighton. To be honest, you could quadruple my money and I still wouldn't want to move to Newcastle. IF he leaves, I'd be surprised if it's much further north than London.
And as for Williamson, got to presume that's a poor joke.
Barnes to Burnley ,Bridcutt, Buckley to Sunderland ect ? Don't underestimate the lure of money, they only need to stay their while there playing for the club, then they can live where ever they want with the money they have made.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Good news (probably) ???
Does seem that they're now looking at other targets, hence the supposed bids for Tim Ream and now Tarkowski in recent days. Though I admit I must have missed their initial bid for Tarkowski as I don't remember seeing it mentioned in any of numerous Dunk related articles.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hope if Dunky sees this he will seriously consider what he might let himself in for as, from what is said in this article, he may well end up firefighting at NUFC.

Newcastle boss Steve McClaren casts doubt on future signings.

Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren has dampened the initial positivity induced by the Magpies' initial summer spree by indicating that the big money moves may be about to dry up.

Speaking to Sky Sports after an uninspiring 2-2 draw with Sheffield United, McClaren suggested that he was 'happy' with the club's summer acquisitions and that he was unsure about any future business.

The comments will come as a blow to Newcastle fans who have been delighted by three big money moves for Georginio Wijnaldum and highly rated youngsters Aleksandar Mitrović and Chancel Mbemba from Belgium giants Anderlecht over the past few weeks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hope if Dunky sees this he will seriously consider what he might let himself in for as, from what is said in this article, he may well end up firefighting at NUFC.

Newcastle boss Steve McClaren casts doubt on future signings.

Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren has dampened the initial positivity induced by the Magpies' initial summer spree by indicating that the big money moves may be about to dry up.

Speaking to Sky Sports after an uninspiring 2-2 draw with Sheffield United, McClaren suggested that he was 'happy' with the club's summer acquisitions and that he was unsure about any future business.

The comments will come as a blow to Newcastle fans who have been delighted by three big money moves for Georginio Wijnaldum and highly rated youngsters Aleksandar Mitrović and Chancel Mbemba from Belgium giants Anderlecht over the past few weeks.

Blimey 2 relegations ....that happened quickly

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All very sensible but completely ignores wages.

That sounds a bit patronising, is it likely anyone commenting on this thread would disregard the factor of wages? If you were genuinely happy at your club and you thought they had a real chance of the Prem then some players in that situation would opt to stay, especially those who have been brought through the system and seen former teammates like Bridcutt and Buckley go to the north- East and be chewed up and spat out. He's not exactly on a pittance now either.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Think LD's appearance or not in the stripes this weekend will speak volumes.......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That sounds a bit patronising, is it likely anyone commenting on this thread would disregard the factor of wages? If you were genuinely happy at your club and you thought they had a real chance of the Prem then some players in that situation would opt to stay, especially those who have been brought through the system and seen former teammates like Bridcutt and Buckley go to the north- East and be chewed up and spat out. He's not exactly on a pittance now either.

Very naive to think that. He's half way through his career, has a young family. If he could double his wages, do you really think he'd turn it down because we 'might' get promoted ?

Feb 14, 2010
Shame for the club. We lost a centre back to Bournemouth and he then promptly helped them get to the Premier League. Twice now that we lose players to clubs who get crowds far less than the Albion. We could have had two local centre backs who are young and highly regarded. Let us hope the replacements are better or at least as good. Cannot blame the players, like you and me, they work for whoever pays them the most.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very naive to think that. He's half way through his career, has a young family. If he could double his wages, do you really think he'd turn it down because we 'might' get promoted ?

If the money is the be all and end all in every case then why is WIll Hughes still playing for Derby County, or Demarai Gray still playing for Birmingham City?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here