Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk to Chelsea?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Metro is as believable as the Daily Express weather reports, absolute tosh.
Could be a bluff from Brighton tbh.

They know Lewis is a Chelsea fan, they know Chelsea ain't interested or certainly not interested at 50M.

Brighton don't look like they are blocking dunks progress, everyone's happy.

We don't want a bmuff style situation where all the players are being blocked from leaving and are downing tools.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

They know Lewis is a Chelsea fan, they know Chelsea ain't interested or certainly not interested at 50M.

We don't want a bmuff style situation where all the players are being blocked from leaving and are downing tools.

Agree, but with Tony 'the Lizard' Bloom at the card table, anythings possible :D

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Don’t panic

No one ever buys our players

Which says a lot for the recruitment team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don’t think any of us have a clue how good Dunk really is.

He’s definitely Premier League quality and he’s definitely our best defender. How much better can he be? No idea unless he tests himself. For whatever reason, he’s never played for England. He could prove to be the next VVD or the next Phil Jones....

He’s given fantastic service to the club and that’s why I don’t think TB will stand in his way.

In some way I hope he actually goes. He deserves his chance.....

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

He’s definitely Premier League quality and he’s definitely our best defender. How much better can he be? No idea unless he tests himself. For whatever reason, he’s never played for England. He could prove to be the next VVD or the next Phil Jones....

He’s given fantastic service to the club and that’s why I don’t think TB will stand in his way.

He's played for England

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He has played for England, but GS’s obsession with Keane and now Mings, has prevented more picks.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He has played for England, but GS’s obsession with Keane and now Mings, has prevented more picks.

And that is the main reason he is still with us, if he was an England regular I think one of the big 6 would have come in for him.

TBH I'm happy the way things are. Less and less bothered about England with every tournament...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Losing Lewis dunk will take a lot of getting over. Players come and players go, but its been a long time since we've lost someone to the very top and I know I won't like it when it happens.

Had a bad dream the other night where we'd sold him to Newcastle and I saw him kissing the shirt, felt gutted when I woke

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Unless you need the money to prevent going under or something drastic, some players are bigger than the price on offer no matter what that figure is and I feel Dunk is that player for us.

He is the heartbeat of our club for me and I would be devastated to see him go at any point in the next few years. He is an outstanding defender with a great attitude and he is our leader.

If he was to go, I feel it would have a real negative impact on the club both on and off the pitch.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
40m, do it. Bring back White. If Duffy out for a while though it might have to be done now for the summer. Then spend big on a striker

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Could you use some grammar in there somewhere? That way I might be able to agree with you.t

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Are the links even true?

If they are then if I was Dunk I would be off. He is a Chelsea fan and they are still in the champions league. There is a home (kind of) european championships this summer. If he went to Chelsea and did well in league and champs league then he would surely get the championships. He is getting on a bit now and might be past his best/injured when the World Cup arrives.

If a good offer comes then we should also accept because if we refuse then it could dissuade players from joining us because we don’t let them go to bigger clubs.

I will be gutted if he goes but at this stage for him it would be his dream move.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are the links even true?

If they are then if I was Dunk I would be off. He is a Chelsea fan and they are still in the champions league. There is a home (kind of) european championships this summer. If he went to Chelsea and did well in league and champs league then he would surely get the championships. He is getting on a bit now and might be past his best/injured when the World Cup arrives.

If a good offer comes then we should also accept because if we refuse then it could dissuade players from joining us because we don’t let them go to bigger clubs.

I will be gutted if he goes but at this stage for him it would be his dream move.

I have no idea, but this all reads very sensibly to me: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/12/brighton-lewis-dunk-chelsea-transfer-12044430/

TL;DR:

1. We'd not stand in the way of Dunk getting a BIG move.
2. ...but we'd want to be appropriately recompensed.
3. Dunk is one of several names on Chelsea's shopping list, along with the likes of Age and Diop.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't see Chelsea being interested in a 28 year old defender personally. Especially without any real European or international experience. Especially as they released Gary Cahill at 32/33

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here