Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk to Chelsea?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Seen several reports saying Chelsea are in for a new CB, could it be Dunk?

Not so sure myself, but what does everyone else think?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Football Shorts in the Sunday Times says
'Chelsea have inquired about..... Dunk.... understood to be valued at around £50 million by Brighton who would not prevent Dunk from moving to a club of Chelsea's stature should those terms be met'.

Perhaps a move could be on then.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I could be wrong, but think Dunk might be one of those rare players that spend most of their career at one club, as long as Brighton stay in the Premiership. He is a local lad and all that and probably would pay to watch games if he wasn't playing. He's had opportunities to leave before.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I could be wrong, but think Dunk might be one of those rare players that spend most of their career at one club, as long as Brighton stay in the Premiership. He is a local lad and all that and probably would pay to watch games if he wasn't playing. He's had opportunities to leave before.

I would hope that we never charge him for the rest of his life!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He owns a private box at the Amex which is for his family. That costs a tidy bit, so he does indeed pay plenty to be here

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Never, he's not good enough for a CL team.

Chelsea already have quality CB's and have first option on the brilliant Ake.

I agree he is not good enough to be a regular starter in the strongest teams, but he is in the tier below and British, making teams that struggle with the homegrown rule interested in a way they wouldnt be with a foreigner. It leads to players like Fabian Delph ending up in big clubs and I could see Dunk move for the same reasons. Even if he wouldnt be a regular, getting that fat money, the medals and the attention... most wouldnt turn it down.

Also agree that Chelsea is not likely at the moment though. The elephant in the room is that Manchester City needs a homegrown player while also being short on central defenders. I can easily see this ugly City transfer deadline bid in front of me.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree he is not good enough to be a regular starter in the strongest teams, but he is in the tier below and British, making teams that struggle with the homegrown rule interested in a way they wouldnt be with a foreigner. It leads to players like Fabian Delph ending up in big clubs and I could see Dunk move for the same reasons. Even if he wouldnt be a regular, getting that fat money, the medals and the attention... most wouldnt turn it down.

Also agree that Chelsea is not likely at the moment though. The elephant in the room is that Manchester City needs a homegrown player while also being short on central defenders. I can easily see this ugly City transfer deadline bid in front of me.

I can see Mansour signing Koulibaly for £90m this summer, as a ready made solution to the loss of Kompany and collapse in Stone’s game. I just don’t see Dunk starting every week for Chelsea or ManC, he has a lack of pace and errors in his game. If he moves to them, it will be as an early rounds LC and FAC starter. No Albion fan would begrudge him huge money (and medals riding on the back of their first 11’s).

Koulibaly would also stop Manure getting him. Both clubs play that game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True NSC style - 2+2=Dunk.

Let’s stop the negative scaremongering of our own fans every time there’s a window!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m going for no first team players out and nobody of consequence in :shrug:

Is Dunk actually good enough for a top six club

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Seen several reports saying Chelsea are in for a new CB, could it be Dunk?

It was also reported the other day that Chelsea were also keeping tabs on Nathan Ake and our very own Ben White. Chelsea have a number of centre backs at the moment, and due to their squad size would need to move one out before any player could be added.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here