[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's incredible we still don't know whether it was a second yellow or a straight red.
Just read on the Argus website that the Press Association confirmed it was a straight red for foul and abusive language.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
There were lots of videos on twitter last night where JP asked Taylor why he sent him off. You could easily lip read Taylor's response but they all seem to have been taken down for copyright, maybe someone will reupload

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it was foul and abusive language then maybe other referees need to be more consistent with this approach with the big teams
We don’t know what was said though. So maybe the ref was being consistent? Just saying.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That screenshot is absolute trash though, you’ve had this pointed out to you already. That blog was wrong, simple as. It also says that Dunk conceded the penalty. Forget about the blog.
A little patronising, no? You are the first to respond to my post. But fair enough, the blog is wrong, I didn’t realise that at the time - I’ve only just seen the FA data - so not sure what’s been pointed out to me already’ I only just added it and was following the blog yesterday when my stream went down.

Anyway, there was a lot of confusion around the original event with Sky News and several dailies this morning still calling it a 2 Y card red - partly because it would have been so unexpected to have been a straight up red for dissent ( I had no idea what he said - still don’t) glad it’s cleared up though and we have the FA’s data.

Either way, stupid error by Dunk.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has anyone seen a different camera angle to the Hinshelwood "foul" that ultimately led to Dunk's dismissal ? If so can they post it.

The Albion highlights and MOTD are the same camera shot ,which if it is the same as the ref viewed on the monitor, is very difficult to judge who fouled who . Multiple different camera angles are shown on the goals and also J.Pedro being fouled for the penalty yet not for the Forest pen.
Was it a pull, was it a push, or was it a trip? Who on earth knows??!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's incredible we still don't know whether it was a second yellow or a straight red.
My mate who lives in America watched the game and the media is saying:

"England star Lewis Dunk given ‘dumbest red card you can ever see’ after getting two yellow cards in 12 seconds"

But what do Americans know?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it was foul and abusive language then maybe other referees need to be more consistent with this approach with the big teams
Yep. Almost every slightly contentious decision is met with a clearly lip-readable 'f*** off'

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We don’t know what was said though. So maybe the ref was being consistent? Just saying.
That would suggest no one in the past 12 seasons has called Taylor or any other ref in the PL a ‘bald prlck’ or “fcuking bell3nd” - I find that very surprising indeed :lolol:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My mate who lives in America watched the game and the media is saying:

"England star Lewis Dunk given ‘dumbest red card you can ever see’ after getting two yellow cards in 12 seconds"

But what do Americans know?
It’s in the Sun so it must be true 🙂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That would suggest no one in the past 12 seasons has called Taylor or any other ref in the PL a ‘bald prlck’ or “fcuking bell3nd” - I find that very surprising indeed :lolol:
Only this season. As I pointed out, the bar for abuse has been lovered this year. And maybe other players, whilst they swear and curse and complain maybe they're smarter and do not to get personal?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Only this season. As I pointed out, the bar for abuse has been lovered this year. And maybe other players, whilst they swear and curse and complain maybe they're smarter and do not to get personal?
I was being facetious but sure this season, there is certainly a concerted approach to ‘stamping out ref abuse’ along with time wasting etc (I hadn’t read your earlier posts btw so didn’t realise you were referring to this season specifically) but as long as it sticks to red cards for verbal abuse and players understand what is defined as verbal abuse, I’m fine with that (no ref should be called a ’cheating twunt’ even if he earned the ephithet) - what concerns me a little is how low the bar is and how is ‘OFFINABUS’ quantified so red cards are applied consistently across the board for the same offence? Just reading through some of the threads on RefChat will show how vague or subjective it can be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately he needlessly saw the red mist. At the very worst it was going to halve our lead, with the final whistle in sight. In the moment, unable to see the big picture.

I hope it doesn’t end his England prospects, after all his hard work. It use to be said that his bad disciplinary record meant England felt they couldn’t rely on him.

Last edited:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Unfortunately he needlessly saw red mist. At the very worst it was going to halve our lead, with the final whistle in sight. In the moment, unable to see the big picture.

I hope it doesn’t end his England prospects, after all his hard work. It use to be said that his bad disciplinary record meant England felt they couldn’t rely on him.
Be a silver lining for us. Less games for Dunk will mean he is in better shape for us.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
And Taylor is one of the top two ref's in England, so their (new) stance is to be seen as a portent of things of things to come with other refs.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And Taylor is one of the top two ref's in England, so their (new) stance is to be seen as a portent of things of things to come with other refs.
I keep seeing Taylor referred to as a “top ref”. By what metric and who has decided this table?

I think he is possibly the worst ref, as did thousands of others from both sides chanting “you’re shit every week” on Saturday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I keep seeing Taylor referred to as a “top ref”. By what metric and who has decided this table?

I think he is possibly the worst ref, as did thousands of others from both sides chanting “you’re shit every week” on Saturday.
Exactly this. What are the criteria? Can we see the stats ? Sounds like a self-appointed thing a complete bellend might claim…….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports