Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't the issue that Dunk got personal by calling him a 'bald prick'? He knew that he'd crossed the line. Refs will accept players being angry and screaming just don't get personal with the abuse.

Exactly.

But Haaland should’ve been booked.

By coincidence a very informative ref on Sutton & Savage this evening explained the difference of a red or yellow for dissent.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Think the difference is saying ‘f… off’ is deemed less ‘abusive’ than personalising it directly by saying ‘you’re a ****ing ****’ or whatever it was Dunk was supposed to have said.
So saying f off to the ref isn’t personal? 🤔
Especially given the aggressive manner in which it was said which was worse

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Think the difference is saying ‘f… off’ is deemed less ‘abusive’ than personalising it directly by saying ‘you’re a ****ing ****’ or whatever it was Dunk was supposed to have said.
Lol come on. What about his body language and aggression is impersonal!?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Yeah but we see that every game. What doesn’t usually happen is players calling the ref offensive names directly
Both are red cars offences. I would like to know why VAR did not get involved as it is a clear and obvious error not to send at least Haarland off there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Both are red cars offences. I would like to know why VAR did not get involved as it is a clear and obvious error not to send at least Haarland off there.

Dunk’s verbal assault was unprofessional from a captain, a deserved red, the sport would be mayhem if everyone behaved in that awful way. Leave the insults to us in the stands. His red mist is costing us dear, I hope he has regrets rather than remaining belligerence.

Do we know what Haaland actually said?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Dunk’s verbal assault was unprofessional from a captain, a deserved red, the sport would be mayhem if everyone behaved in that awful way. Leave the insults to us in the stands. His red mist is costing us dear, I hope he has regrets rather than remaining belligerence.

Do we know what Haaland actually said?
I don't have a problem with it apart from the rampant inconsistency and bias of the refs.
Dunk's actions have cost us. But if he was in a light blue jersey it wouldn't have. We simply have to compete to a higher standard than the big six. Both in terms of discipline and on field actions and in the boardroom. The dice a loaded and not in our favor.
Whether it is unconscious bias or deliberate it needs to be fixed.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I can say 'f**k off' in a variety of ways. It is exceptionally rare that I'll 'mean it' in a nasty way but people would know the difference. The point is he should be setting an example to the kids that were kicking the ball around the park this morning & not gob off to the ref. Doesn't matter who else is doing it. I used to use that excuse as a kid and when I was up to mischief & say 'but so and so does it', my mum used to reply 'if so & so jumped off a cliff, would you do as well'. He should know better, doesn't matter what everyone else is getting away with. However, the other side of me secretly thinks the ref was a bald pr**k and should f**k off. But you have to learn to say it in your head.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well Haaland was definitely screaming ‘f*** off you f***ing c***’ at someone at the end, which I took to be the officials. If so, obviously not foul and abusive in any way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't have a problem with it apart from the rampant inconsistency and bias of the refs.
Dunk's actions have cost us. But if he was in a light blue jersey it wouldn't have. We simply have to compete to a higher standard than the big six. Both in terms of discipline and on field actions and in the boardroom. The dice a loaded and not in our favor.
Whether it is unconscious bias or deliberate it needs to be fixed.

To compare we need to find out exactly what Haaland said in his face. Lip reading experts watch PL games, hence that silly game of all and sundry hiding their mouths when talking.

I’ve not heard any media suggestion so far that he personally insulted the ref with colourful language.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
To compare we need to find out exactly what Haaland said in his face. Lip reading experts watch PL games, hence that silly game of all and sundry hiding their mouths when talking.

I’ve not heard any media suggestion so far that he personally insulted the ref with colourful language.
I am not sure the laws make any distinction. Not sure where the personal part has come from. Foul and abusive and foul and abusive - nothing to do with personal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Maupay's was three games with no appeal by BHAFC as it could have been deemed frivolous with an extra game ban thrown in for good measure. Perhaps we will find out what Dunk actually said if the Maupay case is anything to go by...

I think they have to publish all of these, I guess it depends on what detail Taylor goes into, doesn’t seem the type to shy away

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think they have to publish all of these, I guess it depends on what detail Taylor goes into, doesn’t seem the type to shy away
Maupay was charged by the FA, which is why there was a Regulatory Commission (and the document you link to was the finding of that Commission).

Dunk hasn't been charged with anything so there won't be a Commission or any such document.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here