Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He got a yellow then a straight red matey.
Really. So a yellow for what he said and a red for carrying on? I only watched it once so apologies if I miss-saw.

Well I hope it was a straight red because we can then appeal.

He'd need to have done something different to be given a yellow for one and a red for another offence. You can't give a yellow then a red for the same offense.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Have you watched it back? He got that first yellow for absolutely nothing because Taylor wanted to flex his authority. "Don't get in my face!". He wasn't in your face mate he's the captain asking a question about a separate incident. Answer him. Calm the situation down and get on with the game.

To get booked for that was a joke and a reaction to it in the spur of the moment is understandable.

The ref made that situation. Not Dunky.
He got sent off for foul and abusive language it’s not relevant what preceded it
The ref took action to that.Dunk has to accept that and no Dunky got sent of for what he did not anyone else and that my friend is the bottom line disappointing but the truth which really needs no defending

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really. So a yellow for what he said and a red for carrying on? I only watched it once so apologies if I miss-saw.

Well I hope it was a straight red because we can then appeal.

He'd need to have done something different to be given a yellow for one and a red for another offence. You can't give a yellow then a red for the same offense.
The Guardian have said it was two separate bookings for dissent. I presume the first was getting in his face during the VAR and then swearing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The guardian is wrong!

Actually they're right if they are saying the first was yellow and second red.
They claim it was a yellow and then a straight red.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
As an independent observer, I'll give my view on it.

First of all, Dunk was correct, Taylor is a clucking bellend.

As a captain, he should be allowed to approach the ref to discuss. With that brings extra responsibility. The yellow for dissent is perhaps harsh. He should, as Captain, be allowed to question a decision. However, to then use foul and abusive language, is asking for trouble.
Whilst I have sympathy, as you can guarantee a Utd or Liverpool player would not have been sent off, I do think that players need to learn that they should not be having a go at the ref.

We had a player yellow carded (second yellow/red) last season because a 3rd player "approached" the ref - he was still 15 yards from the ref. Yet every week you see players crowd the ref with no punishment.
For me, the biggest lack of justice is in the inconsistency of the officials.

If Dunks red card is the start of players being punished, in a consistent manor, then great. But I doubt it.
It will remain the same teams getting punished, while other teams get away with it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

As a captain, he should be allowed to approach the ref to discuss. With that brings extra responsibility. The yellow for dissent is perhaps harsh. He should, as Captain, be allowed to question a decision. However, to then use foul and abusive language, is asking for trouble.
Whilst I have sympathy, as you can guarantee a Utd or Liverpool player would not have been sent off, I do think that players need to learn that they should not be having a go at the ref.

We had a player yellow carded (second yellow/red) last season because a 3rd player "approached" the ref - he was still 15 yards from the ref. Yet every week you see players crowd the ref with no punishment.

If Dunks red card is the start of players being punished, in a consistent manor, then great. But I doubt it.
It will remain the same teams getting punished, while other teams get away with it.
Mic them up and we solve these issues very quickly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fact we’re 9 pages deep and we still have no idea reiterates just how crazy the situation is and why we need more transparency.
What do you think we don't have an idea about?

When I asked after the game yesterday, the club believed it was yellow for being too close, and then straight red for foul and abusive language. I've not seen or heard anything since to suggest otherwise.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Right I've watched this back a LOT. I think the conversation went like this:

Dunk: "Over there? What about (that foul?) over there?" (or something)
Taylor: "Don't get in my face" (Issues Yellow Card)
Dunk: "You're a complete BELLEND"
Dunk: Realises. Apologises and tries to shake Taylors hand.
Taylor: "No. I heard what you said to me" (Issues straight red)
Taylor suspending Dunk is temporary.
Dunks truth bomb in Taylors ear is permanent.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne

When I asked after the game yesterday, the club believed it was yellow for being too close, and then straight red for foul and abusive language. I've not seen or heard anything since to suggest otherwise.
Yep, Opta have it that way and they normally get details from the ref straight after the match.
Screenshot_20231126-092933.png

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

There’s still differing reports on what it actually was. Both in the media and on here. You only need to look a few posts above mine to see that.

But if that’s what it is, then thanks for clearing it up. I did see RDZ said it was Dunk’s fault.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you are sent off for a second bookable offence, do you get shown a yellow card followed by a red, or just the red card only.

Dunk seemed to be shown a yellow card for the first booking, followed by a red card for the second offence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Guardian have said it was two separate bookings for dissent. I presume the first was getting in his face during the VAR and then swearing.
One yellow and one straight red, as everyone appears to have discerned?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

And that is pretty much where I am Dunk deserved the red. If we want to remove playacting, disrespect, etc from the game it needs to be punished.

But that should not only apply to the other 14, the "top" clubs are the worse offender look at rat boy at United every week he's in the refs face and......nothing. zero consistency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here