Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s silly from him but also totally inconsistent from the jobs worth official as usual. You see players constantly f and blind at the officials and they’re rarely spoken to. Wayne Rooney used to do it 3 times a game. It was also never a pen let alone a clear and obvious error and they bowed to the home team and crowd, the pricks.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s silly from him but also totally inconsistent from the jobs worth official as usual. You see players constantly f and blind at the officials and they’re rarely spoken to. Wayne Rooney used to do it 3 times a game. It was also never a pen let alone a clear and obvious error and they bowed to the home team and crowd, the pricks.
I definitely felt it was an "even things out" VAR decision.
Having not intervened on ours, they seem to have decided that was the bar for Penalties for the rest of the game.

Taylor was just being a pompous prick.
Bloke's a ****.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Best bit is In the post match interview when it gets on to Dunk and the red card and if he was critical / disappointed with him.

Interviewer - “well theres another English phrase …people in glass houses don’t throw stones…? “

RDZ [smiles] pauses …[feigns ignorance]

Translator speaks in Italian

RDZ [smiles again] well ..Yes… [wry smile]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If Dunk got a yellow for being too close to the var tv then so should the forest player who was getting their fans to get in the refs face to force his decision

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The club website says 1 match ban so you'd hope they'd have clarified it with the officials! One of my favourite wins in a long time that, superb
Concur. It was absolutely IMMENSE.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If Dunk got a yellow for being too close to the var tv then so should the forest player who was getting their fans to get in the refs face to force his decision
No way that’s true IMO. Ref reacted to him being to close to him and asking about a foul by the touchline? He looked surprised and whipped out the yellow.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
If we can prove in court that Anthony Taylor is, in fact, a bellend then we should appeal on the basis that Lewis was simply making an objectively factual statement.

It’ll be kinda like that bit in Miracle on 34th Street but instead of kids letters to Santa we’ll just get a load of other fans send in dogs abuse.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the award of the penalty was harsher than Dunk’s red. Lewis simply had to conduct himself better. Taylor was poor today but as captain Lewis has a responsibility to not give the ref an excuse to send him off. I am still baffled by their penalty though, a dive nowhere near where the ball was played. Our penalty was clear, Pedro held across his chest when attacking the ball.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve just watched MOTD and I’m amazed that Taylor isn’t calling for the refs to be mic’d and for that to be heard by cameras. Then, his ridiculous assertion that Dunk’s behaviour was any different to anyone else could be proven and the red card would stand.

As the entire crowd sang, Anthony Taylor, you’re shit every week.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
If the captain can’t query decisions the BBC the game is well and truly knackered.Ref was hopeless. Never a penalty and again we have been dealt a rubbish hand by poor officials and officiating. Still three points and Fergy summed it up right at the end of his post match interview.
TNBA
TTF

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I haven't seen a replay, I only saw what was on the screen at the time. In my unbiased opinion he should've just shut up. He knows better than that. We can't all sit here on our keyboards saying how sad it is that no one wants to ref kids football matches & then say how out of order it was that Dunk got a red card.
I personally think it was exceptionally harsh & even though Jnr keeps saying we don't know what he said and everyone was in his face, he should've just walked away. He's our captain, he knows the bloody rules.
I can't get over the fact that Pedro was pushed over, studded on the back when he was down, nearly took a kick to the nuts & got a kick to the chest, all in front of the linesman & nothing was given though.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
here's an idea. Instead of sending players off, how about refs are allowed to call players
names in return. A sort of quid pro quo deal.
Given that players get right into the ref whenever they think he has made a mistake, I’d love to see a ref give it back to a player when they stuff up. Would love to see a striker miss an easy chance and have the ref get right into their face, perhaps with one of those sarcastic hand claps.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If the captain can’t query decisions the BBC the game is well and truly knackered.Ref was hopeless. Never a penalty and again we have been dealt a rubbish hand by poor officials and officiating. Still three points and Fergy summed it up right at the end of his post match interview.
TNBA
TTF
It wasn’t the captain “querying a decision”.

FFS. :nono:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
It’s the first straight red card for dissent in the Premier League since 2011 which shows how we seem to be treated differently when you consider how many players have gone mental at referees and got away with it over the past 12 years.
Omg is that true!? If so we really need to enquire as to exactly what was said and how it is different to the other stuff that gets said over other games. If not how will players know what is over the line or not?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On the highlights it looks like Dunk realises he’s crossed the line in abusing Taylor. He holds his hand out to shake Taylor’s as he says sorry. The look of resignation on his face when Taylor reaches for the red is quite telling
Interesting how different people interpret body language.
I can't see any of that.

What I saw was:
Dunk remonstrates and gets a yellow.
Shows disbelief, walks away and says something.
Taylor gets officious and chases after Dunk.
Dunk offers his hand and Taylor shows the red.
Taylor proves what an utter bellend he is.
Dunk laughs in his face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here