Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
This is exactly what adds to the growing view that the EPL is scripted for match fixing. If there is nothing going on why the need to be inconsistent about something so easy and simple to inforce?

What growing view that there is match fixing? I’ve never heard of that at all and no person worth listening to actually thinks that either.

You aren’t going to get perfect consistency, different individuals view things differently and that doesn’t change because they are referees. The fact is that most fans get pissed when decisions don’t go their way and decide on that basis that decisions are wrong. They aren’t necessarily wrong, just not what they want.

I think it’s incredibly shit of you to start rumour-mongering match-fixing claims because we didn’t like some of todays decisions and because for some reason you feel entitled to minutely-detailed accounts of what’s said in the name of “transparency”. They don’t need to be transparent to the public, they need to be transparent to the clubs, and they know much more than we ever do about decisions that are taken.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
What growing view that there is match fixing? I’ve never heard of that at all and no person worth listening to actually thinks that either.

You aren’t going to get perfect consistency, different individuals view things differently and that doesn’t change because they are referees. The fact is that most fans get pissed when decisions don’t go their way and decide on that basis that decisions are wrong. They aren’t necessarily wrong, just not what they want.

I think it’s incredibly shit of you to start rumour-mongering match-fixing claims because we didn’t like some of todays decisions and because for some reason you feel entitled to minutely-detailed accounts of what’s said in the name of “transparency”. They don’t need to be transparent to the public, they need to be transparent to the clubs, and they know much more than we ever do about decisions that are taken.
Oh come on. You only have to to see the difference in approach to some bookings compared to others. Just taking Brighton games into account: we got booking for kicking the ball away. Then it mysteriously stopped. Then came back in injury time today.
That is not individuals seeing things differently. That is deliberate. Also I am not the one starting a rumor.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Praying for a one game ban.

Dunk has let his team down today. He is not a bright bloke. That said, he's pretty much is Brighton and Hove Albion and does so much for the team that, that goes out of the window.

It should also be said that Dunk's own leader coming out with not liking 80% of referees probably feeds into this culture and thought.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing multiple reds over the next few weekends for dissent.... :ffsparr:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
You may find Taylor an annoying, inconsistent, sometimes fussy ref, full of his own self-importance. God knows, I do. And no doubt he's one of RDZ's 80%.

But Lewis is a senior pro and club captain. He knows the pen decision isn't going to change. So to emerge from that incident with a yellow would be disappointing. With a red? Really stupid.

And I love Dunky. But he shouldn't be giving the ref the opportunity here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still a legend but he’s let us down badly today IMHO

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
You may find Taylor an annoying, inconsistent, sometimes fussy ref, full of his own self-importance. God knows, I do. And no doubt he's one of RDZ's 80%.

But Lewis is a senior pro and club captain. He knows the pen decision isn't going to change. So to emerge from that incident with a yellow would be disappointing. With a red? Really stupid.

And I love Dunky. But he shouldn't be giving the ref the opportunity here.
But how is that fair? When top 6 players are allowed to do it and sway referee decisions again and again with no punishment. Why should we have a different set of laws applies?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just seen the highlights on the club site and I was expecting Lewis to be far more animated than he was.

Looks like he called him a wanker after giving out a yellow for a fairly standard challenge on the decision.
As the Captain, I'm pretty sure he felt within his rights, for the first offence.
Really looked like Taylor being an absolute prick to be honest.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think as captain he deserves a bit more leniency from the ref. But he also has a responsibility not to call him red-card worthy names.

Be interesting to see how many people he red cards for dissent in the coming months/years. I doubt it’ll be many.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
That's the point.

If this gets applied to players from big and small team alike I have no problem with it.

But when you see Bruno Fernandes etc get off scott free time sand time again, it's very easy to get cynical
Completely that but I think generally it’s very rare for any player regardless of club to get sent off for foul and abusive language,as Bozza cleared up for us that was the offence Dunk got sent off for.Apart from today I can’t recall the last time a player was sent off for it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My source says says seven yellows and a day course on how to address shit referees in seven different languages

Should have done the course before ..might have got away with calling the tit branleur chauve

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here