Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk - straight red?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If it’s true that he called him a cheating ****, then the red will be for the cheating part - they take that more seriously than just calling them names.
Quite. Stupid if he did. But it would be much easier to take if that transparency was there.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Ask yourself a question. Had this been a Nottingham Forest player, would you have still been of the same view ?
I would yes. The biggest issue with officiating in the premier league is consistency. The lack of it leads to their ability to give "odd" decisions that could vary easily be match fixing.
There needs to be a framework in place to address the inconsistency issue. Fines for referees, or suspensions or something. Or to start just simple admission and openness about decisions.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Yes, he was shown a straight red - but I'm sure it was really two yellows and Taylor was just too flustered to pull out his yellow a second time. I'm not sure what offence he could have committed to earn a straight red?

If he was shown a straight red rather than a second yellow it could be appealed.
Just heard from someone who will know.

Yellow was for being at the var monitor when ref watched it back.

Then straight red for foul and abusive language.
Yes had to F&A can’t be a straight red for dissent so thanks for clearing it up Bozza
Dunk probably only told Taylor the truth about what he was today

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Red card for that to the letter of the law but rarely applied so he’s very unlucky but then again it was Taylor
That's the point.

If this gets applied to players from big and small team alike I have no problem with it.

But when you see Bruno Fernandes etc get off scott free time sand time again, it's very easy to get cynical

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The BBC were showing it as two yellows, now changed to a straight red - but their report still says two bookings. As usual with Taylor, no-one knows what is going on - even after the gsme has ended.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
He was and deserved it, I've seen worse get away with less though...
That's the point.

If this gets applied to players from big and small team alike I have no problem with it.

But when you see Bruno Fernandes etc get off scott free time sand time again, it's very easy to get cynical
This is exactly what adds to the growing view that the EPL is scripted for match fixing. If there is nothing going on why the need to be inconsistent about something so easy and simple to inforce?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If it’s true that he called him a cheating ****, then the red will be for the cheating part - they take that more seriously than just calling them names.
In that case, put it down as a lesson learnt.

Next time, just call him a ****

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Just watched the highlights but it didn’t show what dunky did - what did he actually do?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
That's the point.

True but it was announced this week they are going to crack down on abuse of refs so he was seriously stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here