Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Yes, I'd already found that:

"Leicester was lucky in many ways as we did not suffer bombing in the same way as many other cities. However, we were in the direct flight path for the german bombers targeting Coventry and the Black Country."

"The night of 19/20 November 1940 was to prove different.... 16 houses reduced to rubble and a huge crater in the road filled with water from a broken main."

That hardly equates to the original post:

"Leicester. Nazi bombs didn't leave much, so a naff city centre was rebuilt with Readymix."

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Has to be Fraserburgh for me, utter shithole full of pissed up trawlermen & druggies

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I live in some lovely Northants countryside surrounded by some pretty average towns, but nothing comes close to the depressing shithole that is Luton.

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Lived in Portsmouth for three years at Uni. A miserable miserable place with a horrible concrete centre ringed by council estates which then turn into skanky terraced streets full of rubbish,graffiti and badly parked Luton vans. Shithole. Saved slighty by Gunwharf, the historic dockyard and Southsea Common.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Port Talbot - not only the worst place on earth but in Wales to boot !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Worked all over the u.k. for the last 14 years worked in all major cities and towns, for me the absolute worst is BARROW.The end of the f***ing world, armageddon on furness. Trust me it is truely the stuff of nightmares. GRIM.

I once had a night out in Barrow (don't ask). It's a seriously strange place.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sutton- Where I was born. The shopping centre once housed a C Palace shop- I once dared my son to go in wearing his Brighton top but he bottled it. He was only six so I guess it was child abuse of some form on my part. Even during the riots it managed to avoid a beating- its that boring. Awful pubs and crap high street.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sutton- Where I was born. The shopping centre once housed a C Palace shop- I once dared my son to go in wearing his Brighton top but he bottled it. He was only six so I guess it was child abuse of some form on my part. Even during the riots it managed to avoid a beating- its that boring. Awful pubs and crap high street.

I'll second that emotion. Spent a few years living there and it really has nothing of interest.

The area of King Lynn I am staying in is called Gaytown. Which is ironic as it doesn't look as if the residents would tolerate homosexuals. I can only imagine a male was once spotted in the one local pub without a pint in his hand and ever since the town has been renamed.

Oct 25, 2003
I'll second that emotion. Spent a few years living there and it really has nothing of interest.

The area of King Lynn I am staying in is called Gaytown. Which is ironic as it doesn't look as if the residents would tolerate homosexuals. I can only imagine a male was once spotted in the one local pub without a pint in his hand and ever since the town has been renamed.

my ex girlfriend was from that neck of the woods....can't agree more, kings lynn is f***ing grim

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Although being born and bread in one of the worst towns in civilisation, Dover. I had to live in Ashford for a six month spell and as some one else has said it is a hell hole, and worse than Dover by a long way.

Edna had it spot on south east Kent has some of the worst places to live in the country, and if I had to return there I would only live in Dover or Deal.

Oct 25, 2003
a lot of the tyneside towns are absolutely awful....tynemouth and (most of) newcastle apart

places like wallsend, walker and areas of newcastle like benwell and byker....gateshead isn't great either, despite their turd polishing efforts on the quayside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here