Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Moston in Manchester is GRIM. Shops with metal grills on them when they're closed, Joyriders in stolen cars, always pissing it down. I remember leaving one bleak Monday morning in winter after a weekend to see my sister at university and it seemed like a different world when I got home. Went back there a few months ago and the place seems to have got even worse. It's a shame because people are so friendly up there but it's soul-destroying with the miserable, depressing, hopeless area and mass unemployment.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Holyhead - 2 hours was more than enough! Even worse is that the train back to Chester, stopped on request!
Newhaven - The worst place in south east England. Even worse than Margate.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Stockport, got stuck there once for 4 hours. Supposed to be changing trains there, the Virgin train I was on was half an hour late, meaning I missed the connection, 4 hour wait.

Thought I'd look around the town, it would have been less boring to just stand on the platform staring at my shoes...

...and they weren't even nice shoes.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
redhill (lived there for 19 years, went back for the first time in 5 years last week, same grey buildings, same grey faces)
Oldham/Gorton/Whalley Range - Just 'Shameless' in real life
Have to agree with Athens. Within spitting distance of the city centre (Omonia/Syntagma Sq) even during the day you see people f***ed out of their faces lying on the street, or shooting up in plain view of everyone, or nigerian prosititutes right outside city hall, or Afghans/Albanians/Somali's living in the parks or on street corners. And this was more than evident even before whats happened to the country now. I cant imagine what it is like now. And dont even get me started on the Korydallos part of the city, if Athens is an arse, Korydallos is the arse hole.
Herne Bay

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Stockport, got stuck there once for 4 hours. Supposed to be changing trains there, the Virgin train I was on was half an hour late, meaning I missed the connection, 4 hour wait.

Thought I'd look around the town, it would have been less boring to just stand on the platform staring at my shoes...

...and they weren't even nice shoes.

Lol... I'm from there and the merseyway shopping centre down the hill from the station has ALWAYS been the grimest place on earth! Close to Manchester though which is a fantastic place to be and same distance the other way puts you in the most beautiful part of Cheshire, so swings and roundabouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here