Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dullest?crappiest towns you've spent time in?...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Kent has lots of soul destroying places to be honest: Gillingham is far from alone in that respect.

How about Sittingbourne? Dover? Dartford. Thanet. The Isle of Sheppey. Ramsgate. Margate. Chatham. Gravesend. Erith. Bromley. Bexleyheath. Hythe.

Lots of rubbish options to choose from.

Only just seen this but have to take issue with Margate and Ramsgate. Thanet is defintion of down at heel but these two towns have their redeeming features.
First Margate, a beach Brighton would kill for and because of it's heritage as a resort some interesting buildings. Sure the town centres a shithole but like Ramsgate a few miles round the coast it's been decimated by the huge out of town retail parks the council have allowed.
Ramsgate has a brilliant harbour with some nice pubs and reataurants around it which are great to sit in of a warm summer evening.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Having to spend time in King's Lynn at present.Apart from a few streets and a square that remain of the Old Town which is lovely (but currently taken over with the fairground and it's scum) the place is one dive, populated by some very, very, very odd people.

Anyone want to share with the group?

Tottally agree, we were there in the summer (missed teh Donny game for it). Never again.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Only just seen this but have to take issue with Margate and Ramsgate. Thanet is defintion of down at heel but these two towns have their redeeming features.
First Margate, a beach Brighton would kill for and because of it's heritage as a resort some interesting buildings. Sure the town centres a shithole but like Ramsgate a few miles round the coast it's been decimated by the huge out of town retail parks the council have allowed.
Ramsgate has a brilliant harbour with some nice pubs and reataurants around it which are great to sit in of a warm summer evening.

A week in Sheerness on a training course. :sick:

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
scunthorpe,boston,gainsborough-all places where god can put the enema tube. I thought Stoke was a shithole...and even worse,that part of Stoke that Port Vale live in. A place where Mad Max would emigrate from

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Any other Offshore workers on NSC care to endorse my opinion that Aberdeen is a grey, miserable pile of shit with the added attraction of being full of Sweaties - plus the only reason you are there is because you are about to spend two wonderful weeks on an oil platform.....:nono:

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Something iv'e never understood is why are a load of houses built within the last 50 years in Scotland, northern England, Wales, Devon and Cornwall grey? When the weathers shit (which is most of the time) they just add to the gloom, im sure they contribute to depression, i mean whats it all ABOUT? Why dont they make them bright pink or flurescent yellow or something to lift the mood?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Something iv'e never understood is why are a load of houses built within the last 50 years in Scotland, northern England, Wales, Devon and Cornwall grey? When the weathers shit (which is most of the time) they just add to the gloom, im sure they contribute to depression, i mean whats it all ABOUT? Why dont they make them bright pink or flurescent yellow or something to lift the mood?

Quite agree. The houses in Scotland are an appalling grey depressing colour and contrast so badly with the beautiful scenery

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Tobermory is an exception to the rule of course

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Actually, I think this place is the grimmest, most depressing place I've ever had the misfortune of personally experiencing. Ladies & Gents of NSC, I give you a snap-shot of EASINGTON (which was apparently taken this year):-

Pg-10-Easington-main-rex.jpeg

:ohmy:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
cant be arse to read through all the posts to see if its already been mentioned but Rhyl is the bum hole of the uk. End of

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any other Offshore workers on NSC care to endorse my opinion that Aberdeen is a grey, miserable pile of shit with the added attraction of being full of Sweaties - plus the only reason you are there is because you are about to spend two wonderful weeks on an oil platform.....:nono:

I'm not an offshore worker but having worked there for a week when I worked for the CAA I'd agree it's a shit hole !

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Having to spend time in King's Lynn at present.Apart from a few streets and a square that remain of the Old Town which is lovely (but currently taken over with the fairground and it's scum) the place is one dive, populated by some very, very, very odd people.

Anyone want to share with the group?

Welwyn garden city is a shit hole it`s only saving grace is it`s one and only good restaraunt the indian just off the Mundells roundabout best indian i`ve ever eaten in.I had to stay there for nearly ayear ate in this indian every day going home for weekends .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I spent 3 nights in Southampton last year, at a conference. What a shithole, some of the pubs seemed to be stuck in the 1950's, all musty and crap beer.

Lived there once for a while. True. A bit smaller than Brighton to Shoreham, but had the bad attributes of rundown large cities with a better past.
And next to no culture, tourism, nightlife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here