Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Duffy wants to go, please don’t play him. Remember what he did when he wanted to come to us? Own goals and a red card.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wait a minute, . . . thought you wouldn't sell to a relegation rival.

Not sure we will.

I think our 5th or 6th choice centre back (better than anything you have) is eyeing a Celtic transfer to his boyhood club to play Champions League football. That would put us ahead of you in the race for Edouard as well as guaranteeing Ben White won’t be sold (to either Chelsea or Liverpool).

Lovely stuff........watch this space!

Stumpy Tim

Wait a minute, . . . thought you wouldn't sell to a relegation rival.

Duffy doesn´t really start under Potter, so selling a bit-part player to a rival is fine. Obviously the club rate Ben White and expect him to be a first team player, so we won´t sell him to a relegation rival.

Having said that, I rate Duffy and hope he goes to Celtic rather than a relegation rival

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Duffy doesn´t really start under Potter, so selling a bit-part player to a rival is fine. Obviously the club rate Ben White and expect him to be a first team player, so we won´t sell him to a relegation rival.

Having said that, I rate Duffy and hope he goes to Celtic rather than a relegation rival

Personally I don't believe we'll be in the relegation mix ... however if we were defending a corner in a Premier League game, i'd rather not see big Shane trotting forward to get his head on it. Celtic would be ideal

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Latest odds from Betfair:

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 20.04.23.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah all the noise online is now a loan to Celtic - seems a good fit for all parties, would be quality in the MTL imo.

Anyone know why not permanent?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah all the noise online is now a loan to Celtic - seems a good fit for all parties, would be quality in the MTL imo.

Anyone know why not permanent?

Celtic are skint aren't they ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Loaning Duffy seems a strange move.

Why would we not sell if he is not required.

Same as Knockaert deal potentially. Or if Shane wants go there and keeps him in the shop window for a sale next summer? Obviously bit of a mad time at the moment with COVID, short window etc.

But also shows commitment to Ben White if we move Shane on early on in the window

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Loaning Duffy seems a strange move.

Why would we not sell if he is not required.

Hedging our bets in case we ended up losing White and Dunk in the next 12 months?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Depends how much a loan fee is.... all sorts of reasons why we might only loan

The only reason I can think of is that no one is actually prepared to buy him.

Otherwise unless there is more to the deal, for example involving a certain Celtic striker I can’t see any reason it would benefit the club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm beginning to believe Tony is a hoarder, he doesn't like selling his things and has a fetish for centre backs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Same as Knockaert deal potentially.

why was that a loan with option? i thought it was to let them sneak in under FFP, defer the cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here