Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Thanks Shane and his Dad for the great games and insight I know for you Cletic is your spiritual home best of luck

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There is more than Hooper - Van Djik - Dembele - Tierney - Armstrong - Foster - Wanyama - Mc Geady - Ki that they have turned large profits on

I know. At this point I'm pretty much just ****ing around with you. I said they were shit, but obviously there's a lot of less well run and worse off teams out there. They are just nowhere near their potential or what they have been. And then out of nowhere you come running out of the forrest, fully equipped with kilt and bagpipe, hell-bent about refuting any claims that Celtic are shit... and I'm only human, there's no chance I can not troll you.

Its a great club. Perhaps not great enough to have a striker play in their £15m value game against Ferencvaros, and perhaps not great enough to prevent a reject from a bottom side in the Norwegian league to score and kick them out of the CL. But still great of course.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know. At this point I'm pretty much just ****ing around with you. I said they were shit, but obviously there's a lot of less well run and worse off teams out there. They are just nowhere near their potential or what they have been. And then out of nowhere you come running out of the forrest, fully equipped with kilt and bagpipe, hell-bent about refuting any claims that Celtic are shit... and I'm only human, there's no chance I can not troll you.

Its a great club. Perhaps not great enough to have a striker play in their £15m value game against Ferencvaros, and perhaps not great enough to prevent a reject from a bottom side in the Norwegian league to score and kick them out of the CL. But still great of course.

And here's me thinking you had been up all night smokin weed again in your Basement painting Banners and fornicating with Unicorns

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weird. I love Duffy as a player and we'll miss him greatly. Yet this is by far my favourite thread today :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm getting a slight migraine from all the bold print.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Paddy Power Duffy specials

Screenshot_20200902-153226_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My theory is that Shane wanted to go and when a player like Shane Duffy gets an opportunity to go to Celtic. He is never gonna turn it down. It is difficult to keep a player when he wants to go.

Celtic can't afford to buy him so a Loan is probably a compromise between the clubs.

That’s my theory too. That and him wanting to put a few miles between him and Katie “Jordan” Price and all of her shit.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not a clue what is going on in this thread but I wish big Shane all the best at Celtic! Will miss him and Dunk throwing themselves at anything and everything. The points that duo has earned us has probs kept us in the PL these past 3 years!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not a clue what is going on in this thread but I wish big Shane all the best at Celtic! Will miss him and Dunk throwing themselves at anything and everything. The points that duo has earned us has probs kept us in the PL these past 3 years!

I wish him well and hope the days of last ditch defending as you describe above will become distant memories before too long.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Makes sense that he's an option to leave. Not a bad defender but has his sloppy moments & Dunk/Webster/Veltman/White/Burn are all more Potter type players in terms of their ability on the ball or potential to play multiple positions. Duffy is at heart an old school tackle & hoof it defender who has tried to adapt to a passing game but isnt quite upto it. For £10-15million it makes sense to cash in.

You seem to have overlooked the fact that Duffy and Dunk were rated one of the best in the Premiership two seasons ago,so he has every right to feel very disappointed at the lack of matches he was selected for last season.
I wish him every success at the next club he signs for.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Best defensive header of a football in the PL. If he was as good offensively, he'd be playing for us despite he's lack of play-out-from-the back ability.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm enjoying my quick read of NSC while pretending to listen to student talks on Teams today :clap2::clap2::clap2:
i hope you're an educator rather than a student...

....seeing as how youve been on here for 17 years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i hope you're an educator rather than a student...

....seeing as how youve been on here for 17 years.

Mmmmm......thats a long stretch :mad:

Looking to soon complete my sente

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good luck Shane.
Great player for us, disappointed he’s going on loan, but great for him to join a team he supports - even for a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here