Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Dryrobe 'culture war': which side are you on?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Saw two women leaving an Albion home game recently, and thought their coats looked they would keep you warm, not the name on the 'coat' and looked it up when got home. An expensive towel!

Filed that along with wearing PJs to the Supermarket or school run, and other silly fashion fads.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My point is, why criticise people for talking about their hobbies?

Because some people bang on about it all the time.

I used to work with someone and he didn’t like football, i never mentioned football unless he asked me what I was doing on a Saturday.
This person liked fishing and we worked on a building site for a while with 2 others that went fishing, they honestly didn’t speak about anything else.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
This person liked fishing and we worked on a building site for a while with 2 others that went fishing, they honestly didn’t speak about anything else.
I bought some Diem angling sweatpants to wear before/after surfing. They're great and way cheaper than a Dryrobe!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Saw two women leaving an Albion home game recently, and thought their coats looked they would keep you warm, not the name on the 'coat' and looked it up when got home. An expensive towel!

Filed that along with wearing PJs to the Supermarket or school run, and other silly fashion fads.

Generally, I don't give a shit what anyone wears, but I do understand certain ways of dressing do tend to hint at the character or type of person wearing them.

Hunter wellies and jodphurs in the West End of London, would have been a "Sloane Ranger" in the '80's
Stone Island Jumper and a Burberry scarf was and is a Hoolie or wannabe
Female in PJ's at the local shops, usually Irish Traveller.
Brown shoes and stonewashed jeans, shirt and jumper, or Rugby shirt, upper middle class Rugby Fans
Black Reeboks, grey joggers, hoody and baseball cap, Chav.
Red or Yellow Cordorouy trousers, pink or pale blue shirt with white cuffs and collar, sports jacket, upper middle class ****.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Presumably, you never mention being a football fan or your experiences or thoughts on matches.

My point is, why criticise people for talking about their hobbies?

Rarely TBH - I know nobody is interested! I'm not criticising people's hobbies, I'm having a light hearted dig about the nature of some hobbies that appear to require some people to tell everyone about them, constantly.

Because some people bang on about it all the time.

I used to work with someone and he didn’t like football, i never mentioned football unless he asked me what I was doing on a Saturday.

Quite.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Had one for a few years after seeing them in Cornwall about ten years ago. Very warm and practical for beach stuff (I windsurf and surf- they're brilliant in the winter when you're in a wetsuit rigging kit) but do feel a stigma now to wearing them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Generally, I don't give a shit what anyone wears, but I do understand certain ways of dressing do tend to hint at the character or type of person wearing them.

Hunter wellies and jodphurs in the West End of London, would have been a "Sloane Ranger" in the '80's
Stone Island Jumper and a Burberry scarf was and is a Hoolie or wannabe
Female in PJ's at the local shops, usually Irish Traveller.
Brown shoes and stonewashed jeans, shirt and jumper, or Rugby shirt, upper middle class Rugby Fans
Black Reeboks, grey joggers, hoody and baseball cap, Chav.
Red or Yellow Cordorouy trousers, pink or pale blue shirt with white cuffs and collar, sports jacket, upper middle class ****.
I saw a girl in Asda the other night PJ’s and Ugg boots that wasn’t the worst thing her face and hands were literally orange.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I saw a girl in Asda the other night PJ’s and Ugg boots that wasn’t the worst thing her face and hands were literally orange.

Yeah, often part of the look, Jet black hair usually too, or white blonde with an inch of roots showing, piled up untidily on top of their head.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Rarely TBH - I know nobody is interested! I'm not criticising people's hobbies, I'm having a light hearted dig about the nature of some hobbies that appear to require some people to tell everyone about them, constantly.

Quite.

As a consumer of my Facebook feed Mike I've got bad news for you. I'm doing another charity long distance swim soon. Stay tuned for pictures of me in my Speedos, water temp updates and begging for cash.

Stay tuned.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Personally, I love listening to people talk passionately about the things they enjoy doing and I certainly don't expect to dictate what content other people are posting on their social media pages.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As a consumer of my Facebook feed Mike I've got bad news for you. I'm doing another charity long distance swim soon. Stay tuned for pictures of me in my Speedos, water temp updates and begging for cash.

Stay tuned.

I don't see your feed mate, I'll have a look! At least you're actually swimming :) Some of the locals up here though......

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DryRobe proliferation at the Amex yesterday. Do many people swim to the ground?
Only if they subscribe to Dwayne's weather reports.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I wear my wife’s dryrobe when taking dogs out in the rain. It’s brilliant

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got a DryRobe for Christmas and it is amazing. Mrs BNThree has to stop me wearing it all the time. So warm and cosy.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Given the weather last night I fully understand anyone wearing anything that keeps them dry and warm. Presume those on display had the waterproof outer, and not the full towelling ones!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the weather last night I fully understand anyone wearing anything that keeps them dry and warm. Presume those on display had the waterproof outer, and not the full towelling ones!
Dry and slightly breezy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here