Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinkwater in England squad

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That he does - I guess it's the old argument - would he be the same player without it?

True, all the gifted players have an "edge", it's how you channel it.
Can see a few players try to get a reaction from him .

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
In my opinion yes - his age, it's his first season In the league, goals and assist and at times is running games.
All valid points and to be honest they're hard to disagree with...BUT I'm going to.

For me, Vardy has to take it simply because he's come from next to nowhere whereas Alli has been considered a prospect for years. That's not to take away from how very good he's been this year but Vardy, by all logic, shouldn't be in PL at this point let alone bossing it.

Either way, if both Alli and Barkley continue to develop and play as they have then our midfield is going to be mighty effective as time goes on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All valid points and to be honest they're hard to disagree with...BUT I'm going to.

For me, Vardy has to take it simply because he's come from next to nowhere whereas Alli has been considered a prospect for years. That's not to take away from how very good he's been this year but Vardy, by all logic, shouldn't be in PL at this point let alone bossing it.

Either way, if both Alli and Barkley continue to develop and play as they have then our midfield is going to be mighty effective as time goes on.

That's fair enough - I'm slightly bias - but I think being a CM is harder.

Either way - both shouldn't just be in the squad, they should be starting

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Its interesting to see the positivity coming out about this new group of players however I am struggling to see the basis for the optimism. In the build up to most championships us English tend to get all excited thinking that this time we might have the players to actually do something. However although we have some good young players It doesn't mean that they will cut it at International level. I remember all the hype about Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard etc but they could never cut it in an England shirt.

This year the standard of the premiership is particularly poor as proved by Leicester being the front runners and our teams doing so poorly in Europe. Tottenham who have a number of this new generation of England players in their squad are getting thumped as we speak by Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal got a footballing lesson by Barcelona.

i have conditioned myself now to expect the worst where England is concerned and then anything else is a bonus. Hope I am proven wrong this time but I suspect in will be the same old story.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does everyone else think that Henderson is good enough/performing well enough to be considered a fixture in the squad?

It might be my own anti-Liverpool bias kicking in but he's one of those I feel would get selected even if he didn't seem to merit it (also, Lallana).

I like Liverpool and think Henderson has been quite poor recently but Lallana has been really good.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Harry Kane is the first Englishman since Alan Shearer to score 20+ goals in consecutive Premier League seasons.

Has to start for England, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here