Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking alcohol in seats at football grounds

Should drinking alcohol in seats be permitted?

• Yes

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 66.5%

• Total voters

Andy J.

Oct 21, 2023
I sometimes stayed behind for over an hour on a Saturday, the train back to Newhaven wasn’t too bad then.
I couldn't stay behind for over an hour yesterday because I probably wouldn't have made it home by train. I wanted a drink after a long day at work and half time was my only time to do so, however it is so short and therefore I miss some of the match :mad:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I couldn't stay behind for over an hour yesterday because I probably wouldn't have made it home by train. I wanted a drink after a long day at work and half time was my only time to do so, however it is so short and therefore I miss some of the match :mad:
I never stayed behind after an evening match, I also never had a drink at evening games because of work the next morning.

IMO the service at the kiosks hasn’t improved since the opening of the Amex, probably got worse in some stands, always looks chaotic before the match and at half time in the North end of the WSU.

theboybilly

This.

Fancied a half-time pint yesterday, but don't like to miss any of the game.
Joined a queue for the auto pour machines, which barely moved - so left it.
Those machines will only speed up the process if there are 20 of them and I doubt that makes much commercial sense.

Surely there must be a way of lining up a beer only queue with ready poured pints?
Cash only - fiver a pint, £5 notes only - job done

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No it shouldn't.

People inconveniencing everyone else, by getting up every four minutes for a refill or a piss, throughout the game, are f***ing annoying. And getting showered in beer every time a goal is scored or conceded because people are immature pricks, isn't great fun either.

Enjoy your beer on the concourse. Cheers 🍺
A hundred times this. Bad enough now with people seemingly unable to cope for a whole 45 mins without food, drink or a piss. So, so glad I picked our ST seats right in the middle of the block so those on the left go left, and the right, right (apart from the occasional fvckwit)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
No it shouldn't.

People inconveniencing everyone else, by getting up every four minutes for a refill or a piss, throughout the game, are f***ing annoying. And getting showered in beer every time a goal is scored or conceded because people are immature pricks, isn't great fun either.

Ah, but what about a piped system to every seat. And a commode. What about that? Would you be in?

Got to think out of the box, blue sky, horizon thinking and all that

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah, but what about a piped system to every seat. And a commode. What about that? Would you be in?

Got to think out of the box, blue sky, horizon thinking and all that
Perfect, and for those on Fosters and Heineken, this would present a fantastic recycling opportunity

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stand up for a second, let the person pass and then sit down again. Is it really that hard?

I sat on the end of a row last night and I swear it was weak bladder Thursday as I must have got up 10 times each half. Did it bother me, not really as I just carried on watching the game.
Well as I grow older, I find my tolerance levels of other people have rapidly deteriorated.

YOU might be happy to play jack-in-the-box ten times a half during the game to accomodate people who can't handle 45 minutes without a beer (and then a piss). But I am not one of those people. It gets really old, really quick.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Well as I grow older, I find my tolerance levels of other people have rapidly deteriorated.

YOU might be happy to play jack-in-the-box ten times a half during the game to accomodate people who can't handle 45 minutes without a beer (and then a piss). But I am not one of those people. It gets really old, really quick.
So are you saying at the moment you’re NOT a Jack in the box because we’re not allowed beer in the seats? Because I fuckin am, God knows where they’re going or what they get up to, but it’s not to get a beer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So are you saying at the moment you’re NOT a Jack in the box because we’re not allowed beer in the seats? Because I fuckin am, God knows where they’re going or what they get up to, but it’s not to get a beer.
Perhaps you are unfortunately afflicted with a series of peanut-bladders in your row. I can't account for that.

I sit quite near the middle of a WSU row, and survive most games relatively unmolested from the trevails of those who must make constant exits back and forth to the concourse.

But that WSL beamback - when people could endlessly chug piss-warm flat lager from a floppy cup all through the game - was an absolute BALLACHE from start to finish, to the point where I was looking to move to a back row so I could just stand for the whole thing. Would I want that at every home game ? About as much as I'd want an armpit for an arsehole.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cash only - fiver a pint, £5 notes only - job done
The only time I ever see £5 notes is when I’m up north. Will I be expected to go the bank pre-match?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It has.
Many times

And it's not as simple as yes and no.

I would like to be able to leisurely drink a pint at my seat.
But I don't want to be getting out of the way for people going to the bar and returning then going for a piss, every 10 minutes.
Neither do I want to get drenched in beer for the "limbs" when we score.
Really does my head in, that. BBC/ITV making it worse by glorifying it when showing 'scenes' from fan parks during WCs/Euros

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it shouldn't.

Not to forget the puddles of beer from pints which have been put on the floor and then knocked over.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
100% this. I like a beer, but can wait until the match finishes . Why spend £6 on a beer and then chuck it in the air over other people 🤷🏻‍♂️
A while back there was some footage of a guy buying a round at one of those BoxPark places when England scored. All the freshly poured pints where then lobbed in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here