Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking alcohol in seats at football grounds

Should drinking alcohol in seats be permitted?

• Yes

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 66.5%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anyone who has been along to a WSL live beamback at the Amex will know what an utter pain in the ARSE drinking in the seats is. Just a constant stream during the game of boozed-up GOONS who can't hold their drink going back and forth with wobbly plastic pint glasses, alongside just as many doing the same to then go back and forth for a piss. Got absolutely sick of it.

I'm not impartial to squeezing in a half-time beer on the concourse, being as I usually go in to check the scores anyway. But in the seats ? GET IN THE SEA.
Stand up for a second, let the person pass and then sit down again. Is it really that hard?

I sat on the end of a row last night and I swear it was weak bladder Thursday as I must have got up 10 times each half. Did it bother me, not really as I just carried on watching the game.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Much like safe-standing sections, I think there should be a standalone one for people who can't go 45 minutes without a pint. That way, the rest of the ground can not only enjoy the game in comfort but also enjoy them soaking/battering each other as the match progresses.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not for me, Clive. Too much hassle, some fans are tanked up enough on booze and worse already, it’s just asking for trouble. Couple of pints before the game set me up nicely, no need to be hammered drunk to enjoy the Albion (any more)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No it shouldn't.

People inconveniencing everyone else, by getting up every four minutes for a refill or a piss, throughout the game, are f***ing annoying. And getting showered in beer every time a goal is scored or conceded because people are immature pricks, isn't great fun either.

Enjoy your beer on the concourse. Cheers 🍺
THIS!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think there should be wet and dry stands. Personally I'd want to be able to drink at my seat but not everyone would want to be disturbed by peope getting up to go to the bar every 10 minutes or get covered in beer when we score

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It has.
Many times

And it's not as simple as yes and no.

I would like to be able to leisurely drink a pint at my seat.
But I don't want to be getting out of the way for people going to the bar and returning then going for a piss, every 10 minutes.
Neither do I want to get drenched in beer for the "limbs" when we score.

This, but because people will want to get up for a piss or another pint every 10 mins or drench others every time we score I’ve voted no.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd love a pint in my seat. Marseille was great, sat down front row with a pint and some popcorn, although the pint was finished just as the game started.
But on a large terrace, never ever. All those beers flying in the air as we score, no thanks. Plus away games it's so crammed in it just wouldn't work.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I find it annoying trying to drink quickly during half-time,
Don’t do it then, it’s not compulsory :smile: :moo:

I no longer drink but used to be in the pub for opening time on a Saturday 3pm kick off, maybe have 4 pints and a bottle on the train.
Never bothered at half time as I don’t like the packed concourse in the WSU and just didn’t want to drink at half time.
I did used to stay behind and drink though

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Much like safe-standing sections, I think there should be a standalone one for people who can't go 45 minutes without a pint. That way, the rest of the ground can not only enjoy the game in comfort but also enjoy them soaking/battering each other as the match progresses.

This is the key point for me. I love going to the cricket and sitting in my seat having the best part of 10 pints over the course of a day if I am with my mates. On the other hand, I sometimes take my kids and I don't particularly want a pint or more to the point them wearing one. Horses for courses.

Pissheads stand. Keep them away from the rest of us. Or me away from you, depending on my mood.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Then you'll have longer queues at the kiosks!
eh? You can still buy 4 pints if you're in a round, but you can only go to your seat with one pint. Do people buy more than one pint at a time for themselves?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here