Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking alcohol in seats at football grounds

Should drinking alcohol in seats be permitted?

• Yes

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 66.5%

• Total voters

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
This has probably been said many times before, but I would like to know the general consensus on this subject.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It has.
Many times

And it's not as simple as yes and no.

I would like to be able to leisurely drink a pint at my seat.
But I don't want to be getting out of the way for people going to the bar and returning then going for a piss, every 10 minutes.
Neither do I want to get drenched in beer for the "limbs" when we score.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No it shouldn't.

People inconveniencing everyone else, by getting up every four minutes for a refill or a piss, throughout the game, are f***ing annoying. And getting showered in beer every time a goal is scored or conceded because people are immature pricks, isn't great fun either.

Enjoy your beer on the concourse. Cheers 🍺

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
In theory, yes. In reality, no.

I'd like a beer while I watch, but not enough to put up with the constant stream of tiny-bladdered, half-cut simpletons who would need to visit the little boys' room.

Not enough to put up with the increase in boorish behaviour. I'm no prude, but there would inevitably be an increase in the (thankfully small currently) amount of anti-social / c***ish behaviour (e.g. head butt at Marseille).

Better to leave it as it is and work on improving the systems in place to shorten queues than allow drinks in seats IMO

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In theory, yes. In reality, no.

I'd like a beer while I watch, but not enough to put up with the constant stream of tiny-bladdered, half-cut simpletons who would need to visit the little boys' room.

Not enough to put up with the increase in boorish behaviour. I'm no prude, but there would inevitably be an increase in the (thankfully small currently) amount of anti-social / c***ish behaviour (e.g. head butt at Marseille).

Better to leave it as it is and work on improving the systems in place to shorten queues than allow drinks in seats IMO
This.

Fancied a half-time pint yesterday, but don't like to miss any of the game.
Joined a queue for the auto pour machines, which barely moved - so left it.
Those machines will only speed up the process if there are 20 of them and I doubt that makes much commercial sense.

Surely there must be a way of lining up a beer only queue with ready poured pints?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
If you are allowed to take other drinks to your seats, then surely you should be able to also take alcohol?

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
As someone who ..erm…”likes a drink” I’d love to say yes, however……

But I don't want to be getting out of the way for people going to the bar and returning then going for a piss, every 10 minutes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There were a few sneaking a pint into the NS last night both at kick off and the second half, one was subsequently taken away but the rest got away with it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm OK with taking a drink (a drink) to your seat before the game starts, but not for replenishing during the game. If the bars are then closed when the game starts and then until say 5 minutes before HT and FT then it could work.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It has.
Many times

100% this. I like a beer, but can wait until the match finishes . Why spend £6 on a beer and then chuck it in the air over other people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I like a pint or two on the terraces when I go to The Dripping Pan for Lewes games.

I don’t bother when it’s busy though.

The Amex is always busy, and I think the annoyance and disruption caused by people going to the loo or chucking their pint over you if we score means that I hope this isn’t allowed.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
PL and EPL no. Non league clubs, all standing or whatever, shouldn't be much of a problem I'd have thought.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I resent football fans being treated differently to rugby and cricket fans, so I'd love to say allow it.

In reality, not only is it a sensible natural break if you're with a group and on the sesh but the other arguments against on here are pretty sound.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
No. why do you want to know?
I was talking to someone about it at the Ajax match and thought it would be good to hear some opinions on here.

I find it annoying trying to drink quickly during half-time, and in other countries you are allowed to drink alcohol in your seat, but I now understand the reasons why it shouldn't be allowed as stated on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here