Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking alcohol in seats at football grounds

Should drinking alcohol in seats be permitted?

• Yes

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 137 66.5%

• Total voters

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
What a stupid reply, not funny at all We are not all druggies…. I’ve seen the idiots at away games sniffing crap.
IMG_2538.jpeg

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Perhaps you are unfortunately afflicted with a series of peanut-bladders in your row. I can't account for that.

I sit quite near the middle of a WSU row, and survive most games relatively unmolested from the trevails of those who must make constant exits back and forth to the concourse.
You’re very fortunate in this case.
As I’ve mentioned previously, many people still move about during the action, be it for a piss, a pie, sweets, water, arriving late, leaving early. etc.

It IS a free country as we know, however my gripe is the timing. (If you go to the Cricket at somewhere like Lords you don’t move till the over has finished) If I go, I sit near the end anyway, and I keep it to a minimum. It’s when the ball is out of play with not much happening.
Puzzlingly people get up and go for a hot dog when we’re on the attack.

…..and don’t get me started on the early leavers (that’s their choice) but then decide to fuckin hover in the aisles to watch that 87th minute attack.

Anyhoo I digress, today I shall be at Haywards Heath (v Peacehaven) and will be getting as pissed as two parrots whilst the match is in progress.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. Of course not. If people can't go 45 mins without alcohol then they have an issue.
It also spoils it for the majority of fans when drinkers keep getting up and also getting covered in beer when a goal is scored.
End of thread.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I must say that one of the perks of non-league is watching the football with a beer in your hand, it is all very relaxed.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
PL and EPL no. Non league clubs, all standing or whatever, shouldn't be much of a problem I'd have thought.
If you remove the sales of booze at non league matches, the football pyramid would collapse in about half an hour. One good thing came out of the lockdown was non league fans able to have a beer pitchside during FA Cup and FA Vase matches, the old rules were financially damaging to clubs.

An alcohol ban at that level would be as disastrous as the prohibition of Springfield.

“Our customers buy Duff for its robust taste, not its alcoholic content. I predict our alcohol-free Duff Zero will sell even better than its previous brand”​

30 minutes later….
IMG_2540.jpeg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really does my head in, that. BBC/ITV making it worse by glorifying it when showing 'scenes' from fan parks during WCs/Euros
Remember seeing a youtube clip where a bloke clearly had a full pint ready for a goal celebration.
He wasn't drinking it at all, then reached for it, to throw in the air when his team scored.

I also get irritated by the youths who insist on hurling themselves over seats to create a "limbs" moment.
So fake, purely for the cameras.

f***ing infantile.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I also get irritated by the youths who insist on hurling themselves over seats to create a "limbs" moment.
So fake, purely for the cameras.
The whole social media concept of “limbs” is just bollocks. “Limbs” was Hereford away, or Jimmy Case at Highbury, not some all seated end at QPR or Forest, it’s physically impossible.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No it shouldn't.

People inconveniencing everyone else, by getting up every four minutes for a refill or a piss, throughout the game, are f***ing annoying. And getting showered in beer every time a goal is scored or conceded because people are immature pricks, isn't great fun either.

Enjoy your beer on the concourse. Cheers 🍺
Could have closed the thread after this post really. Says it all :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here