Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Double Headers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But they are. It is growing all the time. The fact this makes some people annoyed and angry and put out by the idea of watching it is...telling.
I've yet to see anyone "annoyed". More disinterested in watching a double header. I mean great if the club want to do it for those that want to watch - I'm a big fan of live and let live. Just not interested.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Sorry, you've lost me

'Annoyed and angry and put out'?
Just look at certain people falling over themselves to get on this thread to express how much they don't care about women's soccer. They clearly care about telling people they don't like it. If they really didn't care they wouldn't be so fast to tell everyone how bad it is and they don't care for it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just look at certain people falling over themselves to get on this thread to express how much they don't care about women's soccer. They clearly care about telling people they don't like it. If they really didn't care they wouldn't be so fast to tell everyone how bad it is and they don't care for it.
I cheered on the Ladies this morning, it was poor viewing to say the least but we won!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
In essence it is not a bad idea for a few special double headers a season. Be it the women after the men's game, or even some of the youth teams after. It could be a fun special thing, a day out. Men's game at midday, then another game at about 3. What is not to like? I doubt it would be good every weekend. But a few a season would be fun.
What’s not to like???

The men’s game at midday, for starters. You also haven’t answered the logistics issues around the changing rooms - who has to use the inferior facilities and will they manage to not moan about it loudly?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
What’s not to like???

The men’s game at midday, for starters. You also haven’t answered the logistics issues around the changing rooms - who has to use the inferior facilities and will they manage to not moan about it loudly?
1) there is already men's game at midday. If you don't like it maybe watch a sport with less investment that doesn't have it's games moved to TV. Like, maybe, the women's game?
2) I am sure with an hour between games the men and women could use the same changing rooms. That seems like a easily solvable problem.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
1) there is already men's game at midday. If you don't like it maybe watch a sport with less investment that doesn't have it's games moved to TV. Like, maybe, the women's game?
2) I am sure with an hour between games the men and women could use the same changing rooms. That seems like a easily solvable problem.
I hope we do it if only just to prove to you the lack of interest. Can you imagine, Nottingham Forest at home, we’ve had 25 shots to their 1 and we lose 1-0.

“Full time here at the Amex but make sure to stick around and watch the women play against Reading”

Attendance - 50.

I actually think it would be counter productive and really highlight how few supporters of the men’s game are interested in women’s football.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It deserves to be fast tracked. The men's game took that long, yes, but during that period we actively held back the women's game. It is only right we now put effort into developing it to where it should be.
I support the ladies, I’ll watch them on the telly and criticise them as I would the men’s. Right now, it’s not an event I want to go and see.

The recent increase of ACL injuries is also concerning. Developing bespoke training methods for women takes time. Go too fast and you risk setting things back than progressing steadily.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm sure the women want to be changed early so they can warm up, just like the men do. An hour would be a good way short of long enough for the men to shower and change, the changing room to be cleaned up, and the women to change ready for pre-match warmup.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I'm sure the women want to be changed early so they can warm up, just like the men do. An hour would be a good way short of long enough for the men to shower and change, the changing room to be cleaned up, and the women to change ready for pre-match warmup.
This would be a poor reason for not doing it.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I support the ladies, I’ll watch them on the telly and criticise them as I would the men’s. Right now, it’s not an event I want to go and see.

The recent increase of ACL injuries is also concerning. Developing bespoke training methods for women takes time. Go too fast and you risk setting things back than progressing steadily.
This is a bad take. The only people deciding if it is too fast it them.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The WSL, from what I've seen of it, is comfortably of a level below EFL L2 standard.

Anyway, I don't feel angry about it at all - I'm just not interested in it. Its almost a different sport to the mens version. Which is fine, I get that some fans enjoy watching it, and its a good way for kids to get into it and encourage them to take part. I even watch the Lionesses now and then, when there's nothing else on. But there's absolutely no way I would feel like wasting part of my weekend turning up early or leaving late at the Amex for a WSL game.

Just doesn't do it for me, and logistically I can't see double-headers being very practical.
Absolutely, it’s a different sport and can’t be compared.

FWIW I think County sides would easily beat Brighton Women and perhaps even England. Wrexham beat a US all star team 12-0, an U16 side beat Brazil 6-0, Salford Academy beat Manchester United 9-0 and Dallas U15 beat the US national team 5-2.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Enough.

It’s a crap idea. Women’s football doesn’t belong on an Elite playing surface on the same day as a Men’s Premier League match.

It’s that simple.

The women’s game is poor. It’s low quality, the officiating is far worse than the men’s game, it’s slow, ponderous and less said about the quality of their goalkeeping, the better.

It took the men’s game over 100 years to get where it is today, this fast tracking in the women’s game feels too much too soon to me.

*dons a tin hat*
We'll put you down as a 'maybe' :lolol:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
This is a bad take. The only people deciding if it is too fast it them.
No it’s not, it’s being pragmatic. The biomechanics between men and women are different, there’s little research of training drills, that are used in the men’s game, and transplanted over to the women’s game, and the affect they have on women’s bodies. Hence the increase of long term knee injuries.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
2) I am sure with an hour between games the men and women could use the same changing rooms. That seems like an easily solvable problem.
Really obvious with both points you’re not someone that has ever been to a football match. Just shut up already you’re not doing your point any favours here.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I cheered on the Ladies this morning, it was poor viewing to say the least but we won!
You did well. I tried but switched off with 20 minutes to go. There are a few players styles I like... Millie Bright and Georgia Stanway spring to mind... but the standard was very poor overall. Hopefully it'll liven up in the knockout stages.

I'm not "anti" women's football by any means. Enjoyed the Euros and the games at the Amex were a great experience in a very different way to men's matches. I am, however, quite anti being constantly told that what I'm watching is of the same quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here