Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Double Headers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just imagine if they took the conccessions away from Sodex (or whatever they call themselves) and employed their own staff. The caterers don't do it for love. There must be a healty profit in it for them.
Yes just imagine the Boardroom discussions. TB - now the main item on the agenda - Catering , in particular the temperature of the pies (Paul, can you ask RDZ to wait another 30 minutes before his football report)

Ffs - we are a football club, NOT a catering business, hence we outsource.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The pitch was damaged iirc, they mended it.

It was not ideal, but the ££££ was too big to turn down.
Nor should they. It showcased our stadium on the world stage, wihch ended up hosting one of the biggest and most thrilling shocks in Rugby World Cup history.
I was in the seafront fanzone that day mixing with the Japanese and Saffies before the game, it was such a great atmosphere. Pubbed it for the game, and felt a great deal of pride in seeing the Amex host such a memorable occasion.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh. The pitch is the issue. The style of football we play requires a snooker table level playing surface

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Enough.

It’s a crap idea. Women’s football doesn’t belong on an Elite playing surface on the same day as a Men’s Premier League match.

It’s that simple.

The women’s game is poor. It’s low quality, the officiating is far worse than the men’s game, it’s slow, ponderous and less said about the quality of their goalkeeping, the better.

It took the men’s game over 100 years to get where it is today, this fast tracking in the women’s game feels too much too soon to me.

*dons a tin hat*

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Amex is one of the candidate venues for the Women's Rugby WC in 2025. It will have a good chance of being chosen I reckon, the SA/Japan game would be some recommendation.

So, prepare for some more pitch churning

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great idea, although given their standing the Albion Women, would be the main event. and Crawley's L2 game would have to be fitted in around the Women.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
With the state of modern pitches, it looks no different after a game than it did before. The pitch shouldn't be a problem.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I was chatting about this at work yesterday, I think this is a great way up to up the profile of the women’s game. id have it after the men’s game, then free entry to anyone whi wants to come in afterwards

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Enough.

It’s a crap idea. Women’s football doesn’t belong on an Elite playing surface on the same day as a Men’s Premier League match.

It’s that simple.

The women’s game is poor. It’s low quality, the officiating is far worse than the men’s game, it’s slow, ponderous and less said about the quality of their goalkeeping, the better.

It took the men’s game over 100 years to get where it is today, this fast tracking in the women’s game feels too much too soon to me.

*dons a tin hat*
It deserves to be fast tracked. The men's game took that long, yes, but during that period we actively held back the women's game. It is only right we now put effort into developing it to where it should be.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Money is in the men's game, sorry there ends the debate

But still we lost money something like 10 out of the last 12 seasons. How can something that loses millions of £ each season be seen as ‘viable’ - especially with a free stadium

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But still we lost money something like 10 out of the last 12 seasons. How can something that loses millions of £ each season be seen as ‘viable’ - especially with a free stadium
But without the men's game women's football would still be playing on park pitches and training around dog shit on municipal areas.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Shirley nothing is 'where it should be'.
Demand and subsequently money will dictate that..
Yes. But it is only fair to give help and opportunity to a sport that was deliberately held back previously. Just allowing it to operate on a level playing field does not undo the damage caused.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The men and women would most likely be playing different oposition...so ok for the home fans but how would that work for away supporters?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
In essence it is not a bad idea for a few special double headers a season. Be it the women after the men's game, or even some of the youth teams after. It could be a fun special thing, a day out. Men's game at midday, then another game at about 3. What is not to like? I doubt it would be good every weekend. But a few a season would be fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here