Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Double Headers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But they are. It is growing all the time. The fact this makes some people annoyed and angry and put out by the idea of watching it is...telling.

1) there is already men's game at midday. If you don't like it maybe watch a sport with less investment that doesn't have it's games moved to TV. Like, maybe, the women's game?
2) I am sure with an hour between games the men and women could use the same changing rooms. That seems like a easily solvable problem.
Ah. I've finally spotted the "annoyed and angry" poster on this thread. Lol.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This would be a poor reason for not doing it.
not having physical facilities to do something is usually a very good reason not to do it. i doubt an hour is enough, team to warm down, clear changing room, new team in; then i doubt many would wait around that long.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
not having physical facilities to do something is usually a very good reason not to do it. i doubt an hour is enough, team to warm down, clear changing room, new team in; then i doubt many would wait around that long.
Yeh but he doesn’t know that. He thinks the players all just vanish into thin air once the TV stream cuts out. Why would they need warm downs, warm ups etc?

If only we were better in touch with such a globalised sport, maybe we’d know better :dunce:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeh but he doesn’t know that. He thinks the players all just vanish into thin air once the TV stream cuts out. Why would they need warm downs, warm ups etc?

If only we were better in touch with such a globalised sport, maybe we’d know better :dunce:
There’s half sized pitches for warm up / warm down inside the Amex next to the dressing rooms….

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Amex only gets used 19 times a season, plus cup games. Plenty of scope for giving the women's team their own dedicated matchdays. Open one stand, one set of catering facilities, scaled back number of stewards, car parks etc etc. Far better way to grow the game locally than exiling them to bloody Crawley shirley?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
National league South? It would be the WSL, not Crystal Palace.
You should probably be less angry and dismissive about women's soccer. 1) it makes you sound like you are operating on data from decades ago and have not kept up and 2) if you don't like it don't talk about it. Don't ruin everyone else's fun.
He's just stating facts. Women's football is growing in this country but I would suggest the standard is below National League South. Technically, some players are better than that level but they would never be able to cope with the physicality of NLS nor the higher speed at which the men play.

I am watching the wolrd cup and have seen a few of the BHA games when they've been on the tv. However, like some have said, I wouldn't watch two games one after the other.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I despair. I've just read through 86 posts discussing double headers and not even an oblique reference to dildos.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, the extra game would be funded by the extra take on the conccessions. I for one always arrive a couple of hours early for the match. It would be fab to have some footie to watch while I wait for the main evant.
There is no way 20k would stay for a women's match so you've then got them playing in an almost empty stadium. I'm guessing there would be a better atmosphere at Broadfield that is 2/3rds full than a nearly empty Amex! Then add in that there are season ticket holders for the ladies only that would not want to pay extra to watch the men!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It deserves to be fast tracked. The men's game took that long, yes, but during that period we actively held back the women's game. It is only right we now put effort into developing it to where it should be.
It is being developed and it is growing. However, trying to pretend it can be fast tracked to the level the mens game is at is more likely to do damage to the development than good.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It’s strange that women’s football has evolved in the way it has. There’s so many sports that have had to be tweaked slightly to improve the quality of the game in women’s sport.

Tennis, Boxing, Track & Field, Gymnastics, Cricket…

All sports I enjoy that have differences to the men’s game, whether it be the weight or size of a javelin or cricket ball, to the total span of a game with 2min rounds or best of 3 sets.

There’s a way women’s football can be better.

Smaller pitches
Lighter balls
80min games
Smaller goals?

The rise of the women’s game, whilst long overdue, needs looking at more closely before packaging it as a finished product.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It’s strange that women’s football has evolved in the way it has. There’s so many sports that have had to be tweaked slightly to improve the quality of the game in women’s sport.

Tennis, Boxing, Track & Field, Gymnastics, Cricket…

All sports I enjoy that have differences to the men’s game, whether it be the weight or size of a javelin or cricket ball, to the total span of a game with 2min rounds or best of 3 sets.

There’s a way women’s football can be better.

Smaller pitches
Lighter balls
80min games
Smaller goals?

The rise of the women’s game, whilst long overdue, needs looking at more closely before packaging it as a finished product.
Shorter games and lighter balls are possible. Smaller pitches and goals are not, because as it stands a football pitch can be used for men and women; if they need separate pitches, then suddenly there aren't enough pitches to go round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here